EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HedgeHopper

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by HedgeHopper »

Jak* wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm Or the sense of freedom you have from being in the EU.
Cheers
Strange that you get a sense of freedom from being "in" something, I suppose you might get some security or sense of belonging which is fine if thats what you desire, but freedom?, nah that comes from shaking off stuff not gripping on to it linus and his blanket through fear of the new
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

What I currently have is the freedom to travel and if I chose to, to live and work in the EU. I have been in the fortunate position to use that freedom to travel within it, many times in the last few years. My daughter currently and my wife previously, have taken the opportunity to work in other countries in the EU. Some of my wider family and many friends have used the freedom they have to live there. I have also had the privilege of meeting and in some cases making friends with many EU nationals who have used their current freedom to live and work in the UK.
I know that these things may be possible when/if we leave but they will be harder and therefore less common. I cannot see that anything we will gain by leaving will make that worthwhile.
Cheers
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

So that's it?
Remaining is fully justified then. :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

As I said so far the reasons that I have heard for remaining far outweigh those for leaving, but one day someone may come up with something to convince me. Like other freedoms I suspect we will only value the freedom of movement when we lose it.
Cheers
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I don’t think anyone will convince an ardent remainer or leaver to change their mind but that doesn’t mean an opposing view shouldn’t be respected.
Slagging off ‘the other opinion’ isn’t a tolerant attitude.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Are we there yet? :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

DavidS wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:54 pm I don’t think anyone will convince an ardent remainer or leaver to change their mind but that doesn’t mean an opposing view shouldn’t be respected.
Slagging off ‘the other opinion’ isn’t a tolerant attitude.

Trolling and written abuse on social media seems to have increased exponentially, recently. As has intolerance of others with different opinions.. yet those twonks (on both sides) are allowed to break the peace outside the houses of parliament.. disturbing visitors an TV viewers .. no doubt to demonstrate the UK's fair level of 'tolerance '
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The trouble is, the mouthy shouty prat has won whatever happens.
If the BBC stays there he heckles, if they go away, he's succeeded.
Quite why they put their reporters out in all weathers defeats me. It’s not as though anything is happening.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

On the subject of which..Mr Farage's plan to run 600 candidates in the GE should split the brexit vote between the 'dealers' and 'no dealers' to the extent that we get another Parliament which can't/won't make up its mind.

So Farage can carry on drawing his salary at the European Parliament, and being shouty for money on the radio.

He's many things, but he's not daft!

As long as the UK is in the EU, he gets wealthier.

And another referendum vote would make him even richer. Remember, he's not the leader of a conventional political party: he's director of The Brexit Party £td. It's a business.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Is there a definition of what a conventional political party is Richard? , Id love to read it

As for farage's gravy train nah, as despicable as he is, when he says he wants Brexit he's not pissing about he means it.
The only other other head politico out there exhibiting as much belief in their cause is Jo Swinson, unfortunately I believe she may be as mad as a hatter
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”