EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

They've only just identified a plot of land to build the lorry park for customs clearance for the short-channel crossing.

https://news.yahoo.com/brexit-ministers ... 98J7_UkfXk

Perhaps they could bury Nigel Farage under it?
Last edited by Richard Simpson Mark II on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 am must admit .. I am not entirely convinced that our government has thought this through entirely and have the infrastructure and technology 100% in place by the end of this year (e.g. _18 months for the free ports to be in place ffs????) .. the deals are not even in place yet !!! .. but that is down to the EU negotiators?

I want this all to work .. but .. bobo??DC??Gove?? grayling?? .. no wonder Liz is twitchy?
not entirely convinced,,,,

WTF? You think they are capable of thinking things through?

This and previous Conservative Governments have lied to us constantly on Scottish Independence (only way to stay in Europe etc.), Trident, deal done way before it was announced. Brexit, no border within UK etc. and now lies constantly about Covid19, testing, care homes, numbers etc.

How do you tell when Boris is lying? his lips are moving.

It goes on and on; when are people going to wake up? The single biggest threat to this countries health, well-being and prosperity is Bobo and his clowns aka the UK Government. It is an utter shambles and if it wasn't for the other idiot over "the pond", we would be the biggest laughing stock in the world at present rather than just being second.

Edit: not pointed at Garyboy, just a rant!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm
garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 am must admit .. I am not entirely convinced that our government has thought this through entirely and have the infrastructure and technology 100% in place by the end of this year (e.g. _18 months for the free ports to be in place ffs????) .. the deals are not even in place yet !!! .. but that is down to the EU negotiators?

I want this all to work .. but .. bobo??DC??Gove?? grayling?? .. no wonder Liz is twitchy?

This and previous Conservative Governments have lied to us constantly on Scottish Independence (only way to stay in Europe etc.), Trident, deal done way before it was announced. Brexit, no border within UK etc. and now lies constantly about Covid19, testing, care homes, numbers etc.

It goes on and on; when are people going to wake up? The single biggest threat to this countries health, well-being and prosperity is Bobo and his clowns aka the UK Government. It is an utter shambles and if it wasn't for the other idiot over "the pond", we would be the biggest laughing stock in the world at present rather than just being second.

I didnt take it as directed at me, Elmer J .. in fact i laffed for several minutes at .."Bobo and his clowns."

I think my approach was a nervous attempt at `understatement`.. `nervous`, as i am still holding on to the possibility that those in power actually have a plan, but are keeping it secret for the `negotiations` ???

I was always adamant that UK should be free and independent of any european overlords .. no matter the price. !!!
and that bobo was THE man to do it ... as, in fact, he won his leadership on that very fact (tho i would never vote for a murderous tory)

The scandalous DC incident was a great downer for me .. not the silly DC self excuses .. but the fact that bobo approved and backed them !!!

Then the handling of covid 19 outbreak, when all the information was evident or guessable with some common sense.!

These and others things, showed me, and us all, what the man is made of .... and worst of all .. that Dave Uprite ... was .. er... right ... :shock:

edit .. just read this... to be an enquiry into the handling of the coronavirus handling ..
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp
Last edited by garyboy on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm It goes on and on; when are people going to wake up?
Whilst I understand your frustrations and concerns I'm not quite sure what you expect us to do Elmer? The door has long been bolted and all we can do is hang on tight ......... there is a lot more to come.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Heard that some wag has named the 10 000 lorries park needed in Kent to cope with the import / export delays as the "Farage Garage" :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Obviously all this is just showboating for the benefit of the EU negotiations.. to prove UK is serious about, no deal, .. so enabling a smooth transition when the EU negotiators crumble in defeat.... ???????
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm.... and worst of all .. that Dave Uprite ... was .. er... right ... :shock:
Well that's the very worst outcome of course.

All I've ever said about brexit is led by the evidence, by expert opinion, and by the experience of those who actually know about the EU and the huge advantages being a member held for the UK. Leaving was inevitably going to be painful, expensive and (given those in charge of it) chaotic and disorganised.

The fact that it's turning out exactly that way gives me no pleasure. There's nothing to be gained by saying "I told you so". I am personally losing a lot of money due to brexit and suffering a great deal of inconvenience. Others will lose their whole livelihoods, their businesses and their freedoms.

All to satisfy and pacify a relatively small bunch of ideologically extreme tories and xenophobic ukippers back in 2016, for the survival of the conservative party and the enrichment of its donors. The price was never worth paying and never will be.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Having listened to Jeremy Vine today on the (alleged) demise of the EHIC card & all the other hoops were going to have to jump through if we want to holiday in the EU I think we need another referendum can we please go back in? :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

As far as I know, an EHIC won’t get you flown home when you (hopefully never) crash your bike and need to be repatriated. Anyone who has travelled in the EU without travel insurance was taking a big risk.
Granted, it’s handy for minor issues but it’s not the be all and end all.
Essentially you were paying for it in your taxes anyway...not that it will result in a discount.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm

I didnt take it as directed at me, Elmer J .. in fact i laffed for several minutes at .."Bobo and his clowns."

I think my approach was a nervous attempt at `understatement`.. `nervous`, as i am still holding on to the possibility that those in power actually have a plan, but are keeping it secret for the `negotiations` ???

I was always adamant that UK should be free and independent of any european overlords .. no matter the price. !!!
and that bobo was THE man to do it ... as, in fact, he won his leadership on that very fact (tho i would never vote for a murderous tory)

The scandalous DC incident was a great downer for me .. not the silly DC self excuses .. but the fact that bobo approved and backed them !!!

Then the handling of covid 19 outbreak, when all the information was evident or guessable with some common sense.!

These and others things, showed me, and us all, what the man is made of .... and worst of all .. that Dave Uprite ... was .. er... right ... :shock:

edit .. just read this... to be an enquiry into the handling of the coronavirus handling ..
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp
Yes, it was a rant......

I get the Euro scepticism. The Eurozone has become a monster and needs reform UK in or UK out. It expanded too quickly and thrust new rules and regulations on everyone. If it went back to being a common market (pre Maastricht or whatever treaty it was that Ireland voted against and that should have killed it off, but hey they had to vote again(we didn't even get a vote!)) with free movement of people for those that want it, then fair enough.

For me, in is better than out, in the same way that the SNP are better for Scotland than Labour, not perfect but better than the alternatives.

Bobo will probably appoint Dominatrix Cumming to run the enquiry as he is obviously independent.

Return to “THE PUB”