EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AlanHolt

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by AlanHolt »

catcitrus wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 am
AlanHolt wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 am I've just read that there are at least 3 different types of IDP (international driving permit), and depending on the countries you are traveling through, you may need more than one. For example, to travel through France and into Spain, you need two different types of IDP.

Taking back control!
I've always had the one --and never had to show it in Bulgaria, Albania and so on--didn't realise that France and Spain had their own rules--we'll have to see--and I thought that you needed an IDP at the moment anyway.
www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driving-abro ... nd-brexit/
You don't currently need an IDP to travel through EU countries if you have a photocard licence.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

qcnr wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:21 am Norwegian gas is piped via some 30+" pipelines to Teeside in UK, Emden in Germany (that I know of off hand).
Maybe some other places as well.
Norway could actually just say, sorry mate don't want to play anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe something like 30% of British Gas i sfrom Norway :D

Quick google:
Norway is a small player in the global crude market with production covering about 2 per cent of the global demand. However, Norway is the third largest exporter of natural gas in the world and Norway supplies about 25 per cent of the EU gas demand. Nearly all oil and gas produced on the Norwegian shelf is exported, and combined, oil and gas equals about half of the total value of Norwegian exports of goods. This makes oil and gas the most important export commodities in the Norwegian economy.
From here: https://www.norskpetroleum.no/en/produc ... l-and-gas/
Got it. That's not really how friends do business. Also if they did that they would instantly go into recession. At best it would he a hollow bluff. The EU pays for Norway's wealth.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Brenhden wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 am The EU pays for Norway's wealth.
How so? Genuine interest btw Brenhden , not starting a fight
:D
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

It’s official, all you Brixiteers are going to hell. Which funnily enough, is in Norway.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Africa John wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm
Brenhden wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 am The EU pays for Norway's wealth.
How so? Genuine interest btw Brenhden , not starting a fight
:D
Because the EU buys all the gas and most of the oil :D
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Spike941 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:28 pm It’s official, all you Brixiteers are going to hell. Which funnily enough, is in Norway.
Yup just seen Mr Tusk's announcement on the Beeb
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Here's what Donald Tusk actually said:

“I’ve been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.”

As you might expect, brexiteers are already misquoting him and twisting the statement to make him look like he wants all brexit voters to go to hell. But he said nothing of the sort. He makes a sound point, that the politicians who sold the idea of brexit, not only did so using lies and deception but most absurdly after 40 years of bleeting on about the EU, had absolutely no prepared plan for what a brexit should look like. And still don't know even now, 2.5 yrs after the referendum!

Any company chief executive, in a similar leadership position, would lose their job instantly if they ran their business with such incompetence and lack of preparation. They would be chucked out by shareholders or their own board at the next AGM. And yet there is Gove - still in the cabinet. There is Johnson - still pulling strings in the Commons. There is May, still PM - whose only interest is the welfare of the Tory party. And there's Farage, still collecting a salary from the EU! You really couldn't make it up.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm Here's what Donald Tusk actually said:

“I’ve been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.”

As you might expect, brexiteers are already misquoting him and twisting the statement to make him look like he wants all brexit voters to go to hell. But he said nothing of the sort. He makes a sound point, that the politicians who sold the idea of brexit, not only did so using lies and deception but most absurdly after 40 years of bleeting on about the EU, had absolutely no prepared plan for what a brexit should look like. And still don't know even now, 2.5 yrs after the referendum!

Any company chief executive, in a similar leadership position, would lose their job instantly if they ran their business with such incompetence and lack of preparation. They would be chucked out by shareholders or their own board at the next AGM. And yet there is Gove - still in the cabinet. There is Johnson - still pulling strings in the Commons. There is May, still PM - whose only interest is the welfare of the Tory party. And there's Farage, still collecting a salary from the EU! You really couldn't make it up.

I heard Andrea Leadsom on the World at One this lunchtime saying that he should apologise for saying what he did... well, she would say that as she is one of those that Tusk was talking about. These people have no sense of shame.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Trev

Post by Trev »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm Here's what Donald Tusk actually said:

That is a little harsh, after all they're only lying, self serving, clueless bigots, it's not as if they're Harley owners :lol: :lol:
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

Tusk's comments might encourage some Tories to grow some cojones and back a second referendum whilst telling Leadsom she is amongst those that need to apolgise.

Return to “THE PUB”