EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Pint Master

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Pint Master »

Africa John wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:56 pm 66-33 is a fair threshold Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

if the referendum had been done on a constituency basis that is the percentage by which leave would have won.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

garyboy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 am saw this today ..
"It is unlawful under EU competition law to give State Aid to our own industries. This is why we voted to leave, to Take back Control of our laws so we can Save British Jobs & Industries."

and ..

"Just like how we lost British Leyland 75k a week from Gov subsidy but not allowed due to EU Competition Rules, to keep 100% our only British car Production or 5,000 unemployed then BMW turned up got the new plans for the Mini for free ok took on the work force but took all the profit out of the U.K. and the rest is history. Now we can’t keep British Steel afloat sold out by TM sticking to EU rules the last of steel production gone forever once it’s broken up.
Vote Brexit Party if you want to save British Steel."

and ..

"It was never really exposed but this is reason Gas B/ Leyland British steel B/T British Rail Etc were all privatised because EU Said it was illegal to prop them up. Thatcher was blamed but EU forced her if it had gone public we would have left EU over 30 yrs ago. So don't think remaining will keep your jobs"
I don't know who wrote those excerpts Gary, however in 62 years I've yet to read more ill informed drivel.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

so .. (genuine question) is this true? …

"It is unlawful under EU competition law to give State Aid to our own industries."
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

It's not blanket ban Gary, it is applied selectively by the EU Commission, in other words, we can not as a sovereign nation unilaterally decide which of our industries we support, it has to be granted by the EU Commission.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

O right.... thanks for that ..

Taking back control.. comes to mind?
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I could be wrong but I believe that there is no EU legislation stopping us renationalising the steel industry. However I do not believe there is any willingness amongst the Tories to do this or to be honest to bail it out.
At the moment the Tories are so busy in fighting that the country is falling to pieces. I would love to hear a clear plan from Leave voters as to how leaving is going to really benefit the country. In three years I have not heard anything yet. If there is another referendum the clear patriotic vote, will be for Remain, because it is in this country’s best interest. Vote leave to help the rich get richer.
Cheers Jak
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The rich will get richer whatever happens. That’s why they are rich.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:02 am The rich will get richer whatever happens. That’s why they are rich.
That doesn't mean we should accept it. The gap continues to widen between the have and have nots, eventually society will have to recognise the corrosive impact of this disparity and act to reduce it.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

garyboy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 am saw this today ..
"It is unlawful under EU competition law to give State Aid to our own industries. This is why we voted to leave, to Take back Control of our laws so we can Save British Jobs & Industries."

and...

"Just like how we lost British Leyland 75k a week from Gov subsidy but not allowed due to EU Competition Rules, to keep 100% our only British car Production or 5,000 unemployed then BMW turned up got the new plans for the Mini for free ok took on the workforce but took all the profit out of the U.K. and the rest is history. Now we can’t keep British Steel afloat sold out by TM sticking to EU rules the last of steel production gone forever once it’s broken up.
Vote Brexit Party if you want to save British Steel."

and...

"It was never really exposed but this is reason Gas B/ Leyland British steel B/T British Rail Etc were all privatised because EU Said it was illegal to prop them up. Thatcher was blamed but the EU forced her if it had gone public we would have left EU over 30 yrs ago. So don't think remaining will keep your jobs"

The propaganda worked the first time so why stop a winning formula?

It seems to be working... :roll:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

"Immigrants are the only ones who do the jobs that people in the UK are not prepared to do.

Which is why a German married Nigel Farage"

(credit... Frankie Boyle)

Return to “THE PUB”