EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Trev

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Trev »

DavidS wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 am I have long argued that getting our retaliation in first by leaving the EU (not leaving Europe) and concentrating on our own future will give us a head start when it inevitably goes t*ts up.

I have squirmed for years at the cosying up to China, they will be utterly ruthless once they have taken over the world’s primary industries. They have no business morals whatsoever.

I certainly can’t see the Admin heavy megalith of the EU putting up any sort of fight. It would take a year to vote on whether the office was in Brussels or Strasbourg!

Viva Brexit!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup it will be much easier for lil ol' UK to go it alone against China when we;re not part of the world's largest trading block :roll:

Happy Crimbo all
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I didn’t say to go it alone. We should be spreading our relationships around, not artificially tied, to some extent, to that celebrated leviathan that is the EU. They aren’t exactly doing that well, from what I understand. How much will Scotland suck out of it if they ever get in? :lol:

We can also utilise our own countryside, industry and facilities much better. It’s too easy to tick along with the status quo.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
OB1

Post by OB1 »

"The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe because its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." -Unknown
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
dave h

Post by dave h »

then jack went down to the market with the cows and came back with a magic bean,

dave.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

OB1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:49 pm "The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe because its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." -Unknown
I hope you don’t use anything with palm oil in it then... ;) :D
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

OB1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:49 pm "The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe because its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." -Unknown

@Unknown, don't give up the day job :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I hope the forest did not use a postal vote .. as the paper used would diminish the forest further :roll:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... der-brexit
And so it begins. A whole generation who have enjoyed cheap and easy travel in the EU are going to have a bit of a shock next year. Still with the increases in the cost of living there will be fewer people who can afford to travel.
Cheers
simonw

Post by simonw »

There's always been a need for travel insurance, as the EHIC card only covered the basics. However, I didn't think many people bothered and instead they just get a relative to set up a GoFundMe type page to pay for their medivac! :D

(On a more serious note, we've always hired quad bikes on our family holidays and it's been surprising how many holiday insurance policies don't cover quad biking and a few other fairly common actvities. In the past my experience has been that most of the cheap policies offered through the comparison sites don't provide such cover. You should definitely read the small print.)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

must admit .. I am not entirely convinced that our government has thought this through entirely and have the infrastructure and technology 100% in place by the end of this year (e.g. _18 months for the free ports to be in place ffs????) .. the deals are not even in place yet !!! .. but that is down to the EU negotiators?

I want this all to work .. but .. bobo??DC??Gove?? grayling?? .. no wonder Liz is twitchy?

Return to “THE PUB”