EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Trev

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Trev »

HedgeHopper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:18 pm
Trev wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm
HedgeHopper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm I see the courts have dealt the Buffoon superior a death blow :lol:

As I've said for years now...we aint leaving, it won't be allowed there are too many snouts in the trough and too many sheeple ready to follow.............................Baaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Can't wait for the GE, I'm tacticaly voting Labour (I would vote for the communist party but I have to be realistic)

Onwards and upwards :D
Would you now support the idea of another referendum? I know you were very much against it previously but if the result did come out again to leave then it would mean no party could refuse 'the will of the people'?
Would I fuck
Isn't repeating an action over and over and expecting a different result something to do with being crazy?
You've confused me? If you're sure that the majority of 'the people' haven't changed their minds then surely you wouldn't be expecting a different result but rather a confirmation of the original majority in favour of leaving. Or do you think that the majority of 'the people' have changed theirs minds?
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

You've confused me? If you're sure that the majority of 'the people' haven't changed their minds then surely you wouldn't be expecting a
different result
Your reading comprehension could do with a bit of work, or perhaps you are just easily confused
Show me where in my post I imply I would expect a different result.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I suspect most Leave voters fear a second referendum, particularly one with a ‘deal’ on the paper. Of course for all their shouting about observing the democracy of the referendum, they are quite happy to ignore the democratic rights of the 18-21 year olds who were too young to vote last time but now have no say in their future.
I notice that the Tory’s are opening their conference with a pledge to get ‘Brexit done’, I am waiting with baited breath to see what exactly that means. Presumably in a couple of days time they will have a clear deal, with future plans for world trade and how they will build the economy, whilst maintaining all the advantages of being in the EU and getting rid of the disadvantages.
Cheers Jak
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Jak* wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:05 am , they are quite happy to ignore the democratic rights of the 18-21 year olds who were too young to vote last time but now have no say in their future. [/i]
it that happened and were a valid reason

in three years from now we need yet another referendum for the ones that were to young to vote

..and three years after that anther for the same reasons

thjen another

and another

infact every three years forever .....

sounds a bit daft to me tbo
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

minkyhead wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:16 am
Jak* wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:05 am , they are quite happy to ignore the democratic rights of the 18-21 year olds who were too young to vote last time but now have no say in their future. [/i]
it that happened and were a valid reason

in three years from now we need yet another referendum for the ones that were to young to vote

..and three years after that anther for the same reasons

thjen another

and another

infact every three years forever .....

sounds a bit daft to me tbo
And those that are deceased with in that 3 year period do their votes still count or do they become null and void.

🤔🤪😜
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I strongly suspect they had no immediate plans to die so that’s a bit daft.
Do you also ignore the votes of road crash or murder victims?
Where do you draw the line?

One worry about a new referendum would be
A. Deal
B. No deal
C. Remain
Which clearly isn’t a fair option so only remain or stay, so we are back to best of 3 or 5 or 7.....
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

DavidS wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:59 pm ...so we are back to best of 3 or 5 or 7.....
It's not a best of.
2016 voted in ignorance of what "leave" meant

The probable consequences are now known.

2019 let's vote again in case we have changed our minds now that we are no longer in ignorance.

Where is the problem?

If leave wins this time knowing the damage leaving most probably will do to the country, then the result is accepted and implemented in full knowledge of what we're doing, and we deserve everything we get.

What could be more fair than that?

(It's like the old adage. "Measure twice, cut once")
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

I fear that a 2nd referendum would be fixed by the remainers by allowing children,16 year olds as per Scotland,EU residents sometimes in the UK , and UK residents not living in the UK to vote.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

It’s not about being frightened of it. It’s the lack of respect for the original vote. It would essentially still a ‘best of’.

What is your criteria for a new referendum?
Remainers have vociferously attacked the clear majority option so cannot possibly accept it for a new referendum. It would be hypocrisy to want the same simple majority. For what it’s worth, I agree that it was the wrong system and should have been at least 55/45 to give a 10% gap.
So, do you say 55/45, 60/40, 65/45? Whichever of those, I doubt there would be a majority either way but, without a repeal of Article 50 (best of luck trying that one without a referendum) the vote would be against leaving as that is the current legal position.

If it had been sorted properly by someone with any enthusiasm it would have all been over in March.
The vast bulk of this delay is down to a Remain PM and the Remain mp’s who are doing every nasty trick they can come up with to delay or prevent Brexit happening.

I am positive that if the original vote was to remain, leavers would have shrugged their shoulders, said ‘we had a go’ and that would be it.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

DavidS wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm I am positive that if the original vote was to remain, leavers would have shrugged their shoulders, said ‘we had a go’ and that would be it.
No offence intended but you are deluding yourself.
Farage himself said that if the vote went 52% : 48% in favour of Remain it would be "Unfinished business"
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “THE PUB”