EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by garyboy »

everyone knows that globalisation has caused the failure of british steel .. cheap Chinese imports by dumping inferior steel turned away by America in mr trumps trade war. BS was already on a loser when it bought the company from ta ta for a pound … a thriving asset does not normally cost a pound?

where Brexit comes into it is the UNCERTAINTY .. and this comes from the DELAY to Brexit which has been orchestrated by the UK government and the EU. The deal put forward is not accepted by the government, or the opposition parties .. in fact by the majority of parliament. this is because the deal is the EU deal, designed to keep us locked into the EU.

the govt has ruled out `no deal` and shown it to be a bargaining bluff .. for the UK, that is .. a fear project to get the UK to accept the EU deal... the govt still is pushing for the deal .. but opposition is hardening against it.

The PM has been found out, so to speak, and is now clutching at straws, offering all to everyone .. but getting none and no-one.
where she has really fallen down is offering the possibility of a second referendum .. as this is the final straw to sensible democratically minded people. .. as she can no longer be trusted
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Quick question: how is having another confirmatory referendum undemocratic?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OB1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 pm Quick question: how is having another confirmatory referendum undemocratic?
OB1 - stop being awkward. Don't you realise that when Tottenham play Arsenal and Spurs win by 5 goals to 4, all the Arsenal supporters are supposed to accept defeat and become Spurs supporters from then on....
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:...apart from the 5000 steel workers who get their cards today, and the 20,000 workers in the supply chain.

Those jobs are gone as a direct result of Brexit...which many of them were conned into voting for.
No they didn't get any Richard

I'm here and you're not

Liquidation and transfer of control to the official receiver means Greybull get nowt and state aid rules fall away meaning the Government can pump money in as per the banks.

Folks round here are carrying on and not panicking

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

OB1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 pm Quick question: how is having another confirmatory referendum undemocratic?
a mate of mine was up before the beak again recently and was cleared of murder and rape and drug dealing, but was cleared unanimously by the jury of 12 of his peers. You bastarsd, he said, .. this is highly undemocratic and I want a re-vote … as this verdict was given over 3 minutes ago .. so they had an expensive re-trial and came down in favour of the death penalty by 7 to 5 … yu bastasd he said .. I want another confirmatory vote … so they did another expensive re-trial .. Because of the delay, the jurors became bankrupt or unemployed, so another younger more intelligent jury was sworn in … we dont know wot demogracy is they said, playing their phone games .. is it a new game out? …
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm ...apart from the 5000 steel workers who get their cards today, and the 20,000 workers in the supply chain.

Those jobs are gone as a direct result of Brexit...which many of them were conned into voting for.
Dont think it was...but it is the EU preventing the government from rescuing them.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Pint Master wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm ...apart from the 5000 steel workers who get their cards today, and the 20,000 workers in the supply chain.

Dont think it was...but it is the EU preventing the government from rescuing them.
You may not think it was but the people running the business (or were until it went bust) thought it was, if of course you're interested.

I was amazed when, at a local networking event, I explained the impact of the Brexit decision, so far, on my business that the solitary pro-Brexit voice piped up with 'well you would say that wouldn't you' and then proceeded to tell me where I had got it wrong despite knowing nothing about my business, the sector we operate in or our customers. The effect of Brexit was just one point on the agenda and he didn't argue with any other points made as if he knew more about running my business than me perhaps he thought I wasn't getting everything wrong!
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Here's an idea: those who don't want a confirmatory referendum don't have to vote! Surely that's a win/win? :lol:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

But the non votes will still count as leave as that’s what many remainers are doing with the original referendum no votes and using them as pro remain in their argument over percentages. :lol:

If leave won by, say 1%, would you want another go? Can’t see it being accepted.

What is the question, anyway? As far as I recall, no-one in alleged power has advocated another straight leave/remain. You can’t have deal/no deal/remain as that isn’t a fair option. That leaves deal/no deal but I suspect you won’t like that.
Until the criteria are set, we are still in limbo but there is no-one in parliament able to agree to anything now.

Friday’s results will be interesting, votes, turnout etc. Assuming it will be Friday.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Trev

Post by Trev »

Another vote, as well as being democratic, would help unblock the current empasse that is literally costing this country, and hence it's citizens, millions and millions of pounds.

Straightforward 'leave or remain' as that is what the original one was on and there isn't actually a deal that those we vote into power to run the country think makes any sense.

If it turns out remain then we stay as we are and start undoing the harm that has been done by all the uncertainty, if the vote is still leave then it gives the politicians a clear, unequivocal message to get us out asap. I really can't see what the problem is with another vote if leavers are so adamant that no one has change their minds and, even if we as a nation have changed our minds, then surely anyone who believes this is a democratic process in the first place must be pleased to see it once again in action?

Am I really being that naive, what is wrong with seeing whether we've changed our minds? :?

Return to “THE PUB”