EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Jak* »

It appears that there are enough people talking or thinking sense to keep crashing the you gov petition website calling for a second referendum.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tramp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:36 pm Im going to join the truckers,farmers and fishermen when our rolling road blocks bring the country to its knees...
Beautiful irony. Brexiters spend nearly 3 years telling remainers that their descriptions of the likely chaos and mayhem that would accompany a no deal brexit were nonsense, or exaggerated, or 'project fear'. And then they told remainers that despite all the evidence to the contrary everything would be just fine post-brexit - no chaos, no real problems.

Then they propose to create the very chaos they told us would not occur! To make some kind of point? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all so hilariously absurd and surreal. Even more ironic is that it's a very European humour. Escher, Dali or Kafka would have loved it.

Last edited by daveuprite on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tramp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:36 pm Im going to join the truckers,farmers and fishermen when our rolling road blocks bring the country to its knees...

Wales is first.... :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

SteveR wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm Why bother?

2 days after a No Deal Brexit, all the trucks will be parked up in the SE of England (or if lucky) in NW France...!!

I see that the Govt are ready to invoke the emergency "No Deal" plans later this week. I reckon I will be giving Kent a miss :cry:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nto-action
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That petition is now past two million. That's quite something.

Previously I made a load of predictions that I got wrong but I'll have another go for your amusement...

1. May tries vote again, loses by a big margin again.

2. EU can't agree to extend so May has to choose between no deal exit or cancelling Brexit (which she does not need a commons vote for).

3. She cancels Brexit then resigns same day.

4. She buys a shed and writes her memoir.

5. There is general rejoicing/riots (delete as appropriate for your town). All MPs have to have armed guards.

6. Every country in the world (continues to) laugh at us.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:21 pm That petition is now past two million. That's quite something.

Previously I made a load of predictions that I got wrong but I'll have another go for your amusement...

1. May tries vote again, loses by a big margin again.

2. EU can't agree to extend so May has to choose between no deal exit or cancelling Brexit (which she does not need a commons vote for).

3. She cancels Brexit then resigns same day.

4. She buys a shed and writes her memoir.

5. There is general rejoicing/riots (delete as appropriate for your town). All MPs have to have armed guards.

6. Every country in the world (continues to) laugh at us.
Fingers VERY crossed for this scenario, Bren. It's the only route that would kind of cap the UK's brexit losses at about the 5 billion or so that's been spunked on it so far. And the economy would get an instant boost on A50 revocation day. And our rights would be preserved. All without the civil war of another referendum. Obviously it would take a while to repair the damage caused by business already lost abroad and vital staff who have left the country etc etc, but at least the haemorrhage would have been stemmed.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I think the only thing everyone can agree on is..........it's not going very well!

It's reminding me of the Hokey Cokey
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

P4ulie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 am I think the only thing everyone can agree on is..........it's not going very well!

:lol: :lol: :lol: .
You've got to hand it to her though for trying to grind out a conclusion despite the fact that she cannot please anybody.
Blair and Camaron both cocked off when the going got tough and left somebody else to sort out the mess.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Trev wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 pm Perhaps you can give an answer to my serious question; why not just another vote? If 'the will of the people' is so important then surely you won't mind if 'the people' have changed their minds? If not, and the outcome is still leave, then it will remove any more arguments, at least for a decade or two. It seems reasonable so what am I missing?

Funny how there's still no one answering your question... as I said, nothing but crickets. :roll:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 am
P4ulie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 am I think the only thing everyone can agree on is..........it's not going very well!

:lol: :lol: :lol: .
You've got to hand it to her though for trying to grind out a conclusion despite the fact that she cannot please anybody.
Blair and Camaron both cocked off when the going got tough and left somebody else to sort out the mess.
I've almost run out of analogies for her extraordinary behaviour, literally no one in the public of parliament likes her deal and yet she refuses to give up. Tenacity is something to respect but what she is doing seems insane.
platoon-2.jpg
platoon-2.jpg (30.51 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”