EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Crossrutted

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Crossrutted »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 pm
Indeed, watching Jeremy frothing at the mouth and yvette cooper ranting like a deranged fruitcake with PMS is quite scarey

Personally I'm into self determination, a bit of an Anarcho-syndicalist if you want to label me, certainly no right winger, I despise all political systems.
During my life I have had liitle chance of getting rid of any of em, but the brexit vote gave at least an opportunity to at least be rid of one layer of bloodsucking beurocratic twats and I've grabbed it with both hands

Fuck em all I say
I broadly agree with all of the above .

Unfortunately I doubt we'll get rid of any "bloodsucking beurocratic twats" (sic), more likely exchange one lot for another.
Neither will it have any impact upon the financial leaches who suck their money from the profits of those who actually MAKE something.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am

What I will not accept is MPs hijacking everything for political gain, rather than sorting it out and getting Brexit completed.
So exactly what are you going to do about it? :?:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Crossrutted wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 am

What I will not accept is MPs hijacking everything for political gain, rather than sorting it out and getting Brexit completed.
My ‘Remain voting’ MP is actually being honourable and supporting Brexit as we voted very highly in favour of leave so I have no complaints with him. As for Corbyn et al, there isn’t a lot I can do about him but he’s doing quite well making himself and his party unelectable.

With regard to my earlier statements, they were my thoughts, not a comment on past, current or future situations and, for the first time in ages Scutty has noted that this is only the temporary withdrawal agreement, not the future relationship but that has seemed to pass most people by.

I thought I was being conciliatory but it seems it isn’t possible to be accepted.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

being reasonable or conciliatory seems to be a criminal offence these days

people will simply not tolerate it !!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

there seems to be a lot of anguish and dissent these days .. more than I ever remember (back in the day, laad :roll: )
.. but that may be down to the internet and peoples knowledge being greater.
Obviously there was great dissent in the past, ww1 ww2 falklands etc etc etc .. but the dissent was more between the ruling classes? and the `common man` was expected, or forced (firing squad, anyone?), to abide by the goverment order!

Brexit dissent can at least be discussed amongst the more betterer-informed common plebs (that's us) 8-) :D

if you look at the mostest bitterest areas of argument wiv a intelligent mind, like, :lol: .. you will find that these are also the areas of least fit !!

representative democracy .. (MPs not agree with their constituents).
Ireland .. (the backstop proposal) .. Irish Unity.
Gibraltar .. (Spain's claim)
Scotland .. (Independence .. stay in EU? ..)
Trade .. (tariffs, Trade Union, Single Market, freedoms of movement of people, goods, services, finances .. etc etc).
Money .. (Eurozone, financial trading, Stock Exchange, whatever?)
Laws .. (directives, regulations, orders, etc etc )
Sovereignty .. (UK, Wales assembly scottish parliament, Basques, Spain, NI, Eire, Gibraltean(?), etc etc etc).
Globalisation .. (
Immigration .. (
Big Business Interests .. (
Big Power Blocks .. (China, Russia, USA, EU, (UK?), BRICS, .. etc etc etc)
Big World Meetings .. (G7, G20, Davos etc etc )
Hidden Agendas for control of peoples .. (
Personal Freedoms .. (
Freedom of.. Speech, Thought, Opinion, Veiwing Material, Place, .... .. ..
Taxation .. (Income Tax, Vat, Death Tax, Poll Tax .. .. .. )
Government Role .. (Council Power, Devolution, Regional Authorities, Local Authorities .. .. )
EU Power .. (Laws, Prohibitions, Allowances, Quotas, .. .. )

Blimey there is a lot more than i thought .. no wonder our brains is confused and anguishified !!

What i am saying is that all these things... and a lot more, no doubt .. are causing consternation because they are not a good fit to what people want, or thought they wanted.

even a small local issue is connected to the global tsunami
.. of power, greed, corruption, violence, death, birth, genocides, movements of peoples, alliances, power grabs, wealth distribution, have's and have not's, information, lies, ...

.. which may explain our frustration and anger
at even the smallest thing, these days

.. and that all these things mentioned .. are `not fit for purpose` as the popular phrase now goes.

.. and that fundamental change in thinking and approach is needed.. globally and locally.

.. with a shift towards what the people want, need,
to be happy!
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:06 pm
Crossrutted wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 am

I thought I was being conciliatory but it seems it isn’t possible to be accepted.
I didn't mean to have a dig at you.

What I was getting at is that,broadly speaking, as a country we DO accept a majority of our political representatives putting self interest first, second and third.
We see mass protest in other countries, but we Brits " just don't do that (old boy)".

I feel so completely let down by the whole political process that I probably won't vote again.

But as that would be rather defeatist I'm wondering what we as individuals; and collectively can do to change the flawed process?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Rob....dare I say 'proportional representation' might be the answer? However whilst theoretically it would represent the public's views properly, it seems in practice it leads to a weak government... :? :?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
OB1

Post by OB1 »

So much division and derision being talked about these days and so much of it being blamed on Brexit: the fact that it has put friend against friend and ripped families apart.

Only if you let it.

A friend and I are planning a 6 month long trip, heading east towards Magadan or however far we get. Just the two of us, two bikes and two tents. He voted to leave the EU and I voted to remain.

Life is what you make of it.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Crossrutted wrote: But as that would be rather defeatist I'm wondering what we as individuals; and collectively can do to change the flawed process?
To start, get rid of all the buggers in one fell swoop

Then we can start again

Have one national elected representative per quota of people - MP or Lord I don't care. They all stand for election. We establish clear rules as to how they can lose their seat on the basis of their electorate being unhappy with them.

Let's see how that goes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

OB1 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:48 pm So much division and derision being talked about these days and so much of it being blamed on Brexit: the fact that it has put friend against friend and ripped families apart.

Only if you let it.

A friend and I are planning a 6 month long trip, heading east towards Magadan or however far we get. Just the two of us, two bikes and two tents. He voted to leave the EU and I voted to remain.

Life is what you make of it.
I had to google where Magadan is... :o 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “THE PUB”