EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HedgeHopper

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by HedgeHopper »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 pm
HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:12 pm
Flyfifer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm Police Scotland have announced plans to increase Police numbers, specifically to cope with the aftermath of Brexit.
Was that on the Brexiteers wish list ?
Probably a good idea if we do actually ever leave.....someone will need to protect the decent people from all the projectile toys being flung out of whinging remoaners prams :lol:
Yes, us left wing liberal remainers are renowned for violence compared to the peaceful right wing brexieers...
Indeed, watching Jeremy frothing at the mouth and yvette cooper ranting like a deranged fruitcake with PMS is quite scarey

Personally I'm into self determination, a bit of an Anarcho-syndicalist if you want to label me, certainly no right winger, I despise all political systems.
During my life I have had liitle chance of getting rid of any of em, but the brexit vote gave at least an opportunity to at least be rid of one layer of bloodsucking beurocratic twats and I've grabbed it with both hands
Not that it's going to happen, far too many sheeple hoodwinked by the whole idea that economic growth and having ( I think you said 4?) holidays a year and the latest Ipad is the road to Nirvana

Fuck em all I say
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 pm
Indeed, watching Jeremy frothing at the mouth and yvette cooper ranting like a deranged fruitcake with PMS is quite scarey

Personally I'm into self determination, a bit of an Anarcho-syndicalist if you want to label me, certainly no right winger, I despise all political systems.
During my life I have had liitle chance of getting rid of any of em, but the brexit vote gave at least an opportunity to at least be rid of one layer of bloodsucking beurocratic twats and I've grabbed it with both hands
Not that it's going to happen, far too many sheeple hoodwinked by the whole idea that economic growth and having ( I think you said 4?) holidays a year and the latest Ipad is the road to Nirvana

Fuck em all I say
Holiday entitlement doesn't sway me now i'm semi-retired and working for myself when i'm not. Having been brought up with increasing freedom across the 28 member states, I simply can't see the sense in voting in favour of less freedom and protection, along with giving the Conservative government free reign to make life worse for the poorest in society. But life, and forums, would be boring if we all thought the same.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Flyfifer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm Police Scotland have announced plans to increase Police numbers, specifically to cope with the aftermath of Brexit.
Was that on the Brexiteers wish list ?
Unsurprising, give that Scotland voted 'Remain'.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Remind me someone, is leaving the EU but maintaining the 4 freedoms still an option? If so, in the light of recent, and not so recent events, would that be acceptable to both leavers and remainers at this point? What’s more important at the moment, being out of the EU? Ending the current EU trade deals? Or stopping other Europeans living and working in the UK?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

qcnr

Post by qcnr »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Fuck em all I say
But you won´t get rid of them. Even if you do leave the UK will have to pay to trade with the EU.
The only way there will be no payment to the EU coffers is if the EU ceases to exist.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I don’t mind a deal that has a fair ‘cost’ to trade that works both ways.
We need foreign workers but not without some right to control who comes in, whether they be cabbage picking or heart surgeons. It works elsewhere in the world but the EU insisting on free movement just creates more problems than it solves.
As long as you can support yourself, I am reasonably happy for non-workers to move here and vice versa but not all the no hoper hangers-on. Again, there should be some ability to control or limit movement.
Trade is what we joined for and that includes trading in workers.

But what I don’t want is persistent interference and rule making beyond that from the EU control freaks.
What hope is there when the European Parliament insist on their monthly location change from Brussels to Strasbourg and back, presumably just to appease the French. It serves absolutely no purpose.

Also, I may be wrong, but the EU seem to be the only western enclave that doesn’t seem to be short of money and that seems to be because they just tell you to send it and you do...a bit like a student at university ;)

I am happy to be a leaver but I am not a sheep following the nationalist oiks or press idiots. I am capable of making up my iwn mind as much as the remainers. Derogatory labelling of both sides gets nowhere but we are probably all guilty of it.

What I will not accept is MPs hijacking everything for political gain, rather than sorting it out and getting Brexit completed.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

scutty

Post by scutty »

DavidS wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am I don’t mind a deal that has a fair ‘cost’ to trade that works both ways.

This isn't a trade deal - it's just the deal to leave - they haven't started talking about the future trading arrangements yet

We need foreign workers but not without some right to control who comes in, whether they be cabbage picking or heart surgeons. It works elsewhere in the world but the EU insisting on free movement just creates more problems than it solves.
As long as you can support yourself, I am reasonably happy for non-workers to move here and vice versa but not all the no hoper hangers-on. Again, there should be some ability to control or limit movement.
Trade is what we joined for and that includes trading in workers.

All EU countries have this option now, we could enforce it the same way other countries do (prove you can support yourself within the first six months or go home - no financial support in that time. For some reason this country (and our government) chooses not to use the full power that they have. (It's almost as if they have an alternative reason for allowing lots of migrants into the country?)

But what I don’t want is persistent interference and rule making beyond that from the EU control freaks.
What hope is there when the European Parliament insist on their monthly location change from Brussels to Strasbourg and back, presumably just to appease the French. It serves absolutely no purpose.

Also, I may be wrong, but the EU seem to be the only western enclave that doesn’t seem to be short of money and that seems to be because they just tell you to send it and you do...a bit like a student at university ;)

And the best way to change this is to stay in, send good quality MEPs out there and work to resolve what we don't like (I know, it wouldn't be easy but I also know it's impossible if we're outside the club)

I am happy to be a leaver but I am not a sheep following the nationalist oiks or press idiots. I am capable of making up my iwn mind as much as the remainers. Derogatory labelling of both sides gets nowhere but we are probably all guilty of it.

No insults made, you're entitled to your views, I just wanted to explain mine

What I will not accept is MPs hijacking everything for political gain, rather than sorting it out and getting Brexit completed.

The problem is that we have a Representative Democracy and the majority of the people we elected in 2017 fundamentally don't think taking the UK out of the EU is a good idea. The whole 'taking back control' contradicts the with idea of not letting our elected representatives do their jobs. It comes down to what you think the job of your MP is, are they just an extension of the latest local opinion poll in their constituency or are they elected to represent to the best of their ability for the party they are a member of?
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

What scutty says.
Eu regulatioons are exactly that, regulations, not laws. Every member state has the option to take national measures
if they are in their own interest and not in conflict with EU regulations. Hard border controls, no problem.
If the UK leaves, you will be in the same situation that Norway is in.
They have to accept and implement EU regulations, pay subscriptions, and have no say within the EU parliament.
But the UK doesn´t have a gazzillion pound state fund to prop up the economy with and there are just a few more people than 5mil
in the UK.
So by leaving you will not gain national control, but have to dance to the tune of the EU without having any influence as to what tune that is.
Unless the UK will be able to boost trade enough with the rest of the world, to tell the EU to bugger off.

Return to “THE PUB”