EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DavidS

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by DavidS »

What a load of tosh. A totally pointless graph which only reinforces the current vote.
How do you give a 2 day old child a vote?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
OB1

Post by OB1 »

AlanHolt wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:40 pmbrexit.jpg

Yep... "the will of the people" :shock:

Better not upset those 17 million... :roll:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

DavidS wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 pm What a load of tosh. A totally pointless graph which only reinforces the current vote.
How do you give a 2 day old child a vote?
The flip side of that is why should pensioners vote, they've had their life and benefited from being in the EU for more than half of it, let the next generation decide their own fate.
If the rules governing who had voting rights for the Scottish referendum and the European referendum were swapped, the results would have been reversed in both cases. This is the thing to remember when people talk about democracy: there are many, many flavours of democracy
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Isn't this lovely:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46946499
Thousands of us brits have had our hols moved as the government have overbooked Brittany ferries to ensure medicine and stuff can get through if there is a no deal brexit.

Looking into the ferry deals a bit more, we are giving £47m to a French company, £43m to a Danish company and £14 to a British company with no boats. Will that help make Britain great again? I bet there are a lot of foreign companies rubbing their hands together and coming up with ways of exploiting us as we flop out of the EU haemorrhaging money.

I know there has been loads of project fear but these things are actually starting to happen :cry:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Cheeky s*d.

I’ve put 47 years of life and taxes into this country by living and working here and will be 65 in August. Why the hell do you think I shouldn’t have a vote considering I could have another 30+ years left, where I will still be paying my taxes through VAT, income tax from the savings And pensions I have worked bloody hard for.

Your desparate clutching at straws is ridiculous.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Well I’ve kept out of this thread until now, I find it interesting that a few of the most prolific posters predicting doom and gloom, telling the leavers what nincompoops they are, are the people who’ve chosen not to live here (probably until they need the NHS).
Can I just ask anyone that thinks the EU is a good thing, would you vote to join if we weren’t already members? Serious question, I’m not looking to be confrontational.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Yes...there's nations queuing up to join.

Only the UK is silly enough to want to leave...still...a BLUE passport yum, yum.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

For sure I would hope that we would join, and when we joined we would be one of the key players in one of the biggest trading blocks I the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46962093

I suppose this is also a coincidence just like the Philips factory. James Dyson whipped everyone up and is now going to bugger off. Charming. I don't doubt for a second that his design arm in Wiltshire will slowly get exported :(
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

And how many of those queing up to join will be nett contributors?

In ultra simplistic terms, they probably only want us to stay for the money we bring and our purchasing power.
The others will have to make up our contribution shortfall and they don’t like it.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:41 pm Isn't this lovely:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46946499
Thousands of us brits have had our hols moved as the government have overbooked Brittany ferries to ensure medicine and stuff can get through if there is a no deal brexit.

Looking into the ferry deals a bit more, we are giving £47m to a French company, £43m to a Danish company and £14 to a British company with no boats. Will that help make Britain great again? I bet there are a lot of foreign companies rubbing their hands together and coming up with ways of exploiting us as we flop out of the EU haemorrhaging money.

I know there has been loads of project fear but these things are actually starting to happen :cry:
Yep. Want a good investment if the UK goes No Deal? Warehouses. Buy as many as you can afford. The cost of warehouse space will go right up if No Deal happens. Prices per m2 are already increasing rapidly now just at the prospect. Some people clearly think it's well worth a gamble.

Should there be a No Deal of course there will be some Day One issues, but some of the worst pain will be felt a few months in, just after the stuff that is being stockpiled at the moment runs out, and as the replenishment rate slows down with delays at ports of entry. All the efficiency savings made by operating on a 'just-in-time' basis will be reversed and the cost of storing parts in warehouses will be passed on to the consumer.

Wonder if Rees-Mogg and Farage have shares in storage companies...

Return to “THE PUB”