EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scutty

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by scutty »

Ok but if you're not going to listen to "Media and Experts" (those are not the same thing btw) where do you get your facts from? Facebook and Twitter? Some ranty bloke down the pub?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

scutty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm Some ranty bloke down the pub?

Hey! That's my dad! :lol:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

scutty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm Ok but if you're not going to listen to "Media and Experts" (those are not the same thing btw) where do you get your facts from? Facebook and Twitter? Some ranty bloke down the pub?
........Some exspurt on a motobike forum perhaps? :lol:
scutty

Post by scutty »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm
........Some exspurt on a motobike forum perhaps? :lol:
Hell no; don't listen to those muppets!!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

scutty wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm Ok but if you're not going to listen to "Media and Experts" (those are not the same thing btw) where do you get your facts from? Facebook and Twitter? Some ranty bloke down the pub?
I agree that the media and experts are not the same thing, the experts try to predict the future (often based on historical evidence) and the media (lazily) just quotes the experts if it suits their own agenda. Many of the disasters of this Century have been unique within my 55 years and the new generation of experts guessed wrong on the outcomes (or totally lied based on who was paying them), Brexit is no different. Prior to Brexit the western media was migrant/terror crazy but now there is a new phenomenon to justify their salaries.

Regarding who do I listen to for facts? ........... nobody because very few 'facts' are delivered first hand and get twisted each time they are handed on. I've given up trying to second guess people/outcomes and prefer to just see what happens because we can only control the immediate situations around us so why worry about tomorrow when today has enough worries of it's own. The whole World is controlled by fear, we can only decide wether to buy into it or not.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dave h

Post by dave h »

i wish i was clever enough to join in this debate,
instead i just feel like a stupid woman.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

:lol:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Fuck me, if it's not enough to here this shit all over the radio/tv etc someone starts it up again on here.

Stick to bikes and related stuff, at least we know SOMETHING about that subject
one-legged adventurer
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

boboneleg wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 am Fuck me, if it's not enough to here this shit all over the radio/tv etc someone starts it up again on here.

Stick to bikes and related stuff, at least we know SOMETHING about that subject
Bit late for that but at least it’s all contained in one hooge thread. Over on UK h-d’er they’ve had to open a ‘politics’ sub forum as there’s so many theads
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Return to “THE PUB”