Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
micksea

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by micksea »

Let's not get into the financial millstone that Scotland is :whistle:
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

micksea wrote: I can taste that new Zealand lamb already!!!

That's right, it's on sale in most supermarkets...and always has been
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

micksea wrote:Will we have the option to buy light bulbs that emit light?

P.s. I can taste that new Zealand lamb already!!!
Shouldn't that be " UK or Welsh Lamb" in our brave new world?
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Ok, it was on the BBC, but I do love it when some pro Brexit ex-pat Brit living in Spain being interviewed, complains about immigration and not wanting to be controlled by Bruxselles. I wonder how the many thousands of ex-pats living in Europe would have voted had they been allowed, or did they? Did they forfeit their right to vote by leaving the UK? After all, Brexit could affect them more than us remainers, as in those who remain living in the UK. This may have been aired before in the previous 500 odd pages, in which case I do apologise.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Crossrutted wrote:
micksea wrote:Will we have the option to buy light bulbs that emit light?

P.s. I can taste that new Zealand lamb already!!!
Shouldn't that be " UK or Welsh Lamb" in our brave new world?
Isn't New Zealand lamb cheaper than Welsh lamb? Are the Welsh putting a tariff on it before exporting it to England?

PS. I think I've answered my own question.

http://beefandlambmatters.blogspot.co.u ... aland.html
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Congratulations to the Brexiteers !

Have a double bendy banana to celebrate. Just don't choke on it as the waiting time at the NHS might be too much.

I was interested to see how the festivities were going in this topic but there appear to be none ?
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

We have been laughing about the bent banana argument on Facebook. Here in Spain, you can't find straight bananas, they are all naturally curved. Yet again, people were hoodwinked and buttfucked into believing it was the eu making everyone have perfectly shaped vegetables, when in reality it was just so the likes of Tesco etc could fit more into a box for transportation and charge you more, all so they could make more money.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I've just read the interview in El Pais with Spains Foreign Minister about Brexit, and one part is particularly worrying. 'Q. There are half a million Britons in Spain. Is not that a favor in favor of Spain?

A. The idea is that the UK statute, when it comes out, is as close as possible to what it has now. It can not be based on free movement, but we already have regulations for third countries that are very close to the status of an EU citizen. In addition, we will apply the principle of reciprocity: if London takes measures that damage the rights of Europeans, we will do the same.'

So if the Brexiteers get what they want, the removal of EU nationals from the UK and stricter border controls, or even the restriction of free movement, Spain will do the same. This could mean we have to do what other non-EU citizens do here, and that's only 'visit' for 182 days a year. And my guess is that other countries may do the same.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

We'll probably have to give up Gibraltar too...as we 'take back control.' Although Michael Howard reckons the UK will declare war on Spain if this happens (May's got the MoD looking at recommissioning HMS Victory as we speak as it's the surface ship with the most firepower in the Royal Navy and sank the Spanish at Trafalgar last time around).

And the open skies arrangement with the EU will end. Want a flight...go to Holland.

Trucks awaiting customs clearance will pile up in Dover and Calais. And, if the French move the UK border back across the Channel there will be tens of thousands of bogus asylum seekers to house and process.

I hope the Brexiteers will be happy, waving their little flags (made in China).
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Also - the seas will dry up, and the skies will fall upon our heads.
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)

Return to “THE PUB”