EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AndyB

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by AndyB »

Mike101 wrote:
AndyB wrote:It may be more a case of those who didn't vote realising the impact of their apathy and deciding to get off their arses and vote if there was a second opportunity but even then nobody knows how they'd vote.

I've said countless times since the result was announced that I won't sign anything supporting a second referendum because it goes against my view on democracy but I'd still argue we made a mistake and I'd vote to remain in if a second chance came around.

Right now I want those who campaigned to get us out to either demand we trigger Article 50 or explain to the country exactly why they can't take us out yet. How the hell can we be told we'd be so much better off out of the EU then be told they can't or won't deliver?
The out campaign did what they said they would do..get the UK to vote out...nothing more.

No it's the elected politicians and civil servants to make it work..not the leave campaign...they are not in power.

Mike
That's why I kept asking what plans were in place for leaving if the vote went that way. The answer is none, absolutely nothing. They didn't expect the result we ended up with and now we've got a PM waiting for his successor to be chosen, an opposition in disarray and no idea when or even if we're leaving the EU.
moto al

Post by moto al »

moto al wrote:Sorry I'm I missing something , gb leaves the EU without a plan ????. and not a leader? They seem all to be jumping a sinking ship. Mad.
I notice nobody will address whis question . Who can answer . What happens now re the economy. The sad fact they don't Have a plan , today thread needle St , today is telling us they are worried ... Come on lads is economics that keeps this country going .
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

There is no protocol in place within the European either, to change things first and foremost you must be willing to stick your head above the parapet. Just imagine if junckers HD been told to wind his neck in and Merkel had of taken notice of the anti sentiment within all countries of the eu and they then actually spoke to Cameron and gave him something for the country well who knows hey :whistle:

Perhaps now they will think unless we buckle of course, we might even get back to the common market :pinch:

Cheers Spud :-)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Those who voted leave frequently say that it will be better in ten years time. Why? Do they know something that none of the politicians seem to know, is there a secret plan that is gradually going to unfold. It could be that staying in the EU life would be better in ten years time. There are so many uncertainties, China, Japan, Russia, the rest of the EU and the biggest one of all, Trump What if Donald gets in, there might be nothing left at all.
Cheers Jak
moto al

Post by moto al »

Jak* wrote:Those who voted leave frequently say that it will be better in ten years time. Why? Do they know something that none of the politicians seem to know, is there a secret plan that is gradually going to unfold. It could be that staying in the EU life would be better in ten years time. There are so many uncertainties, China, Japan, Russia, the rest of the EU and the biggest one of all, Trump What if Donald gets in, there might be nothing left at all.
Cheers Jak
well said, unfortunately ,their seems too be people who want walk down the road of a blind tunnel with no direction , or a credible leader ...... I only wish I could waken up and realise it was just a bad dream . God help us All. Iv been in business for over 40 years dealing with international company's .i worry for my son,s future ,nearly 18. Some people on this forum COMENT about my spelling . I'm dyslexic .and it's never held me back regarding life . Sorry for my rant I just can't understand what's happening to our economy .Al
moto al
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I can't believe what I'm reading here.. it's been less than a week and the whingers have already written the UK off... FFS have some faith in your fellow country men and bloody well grow up.

At least give things a friggin chance!

I'm just so pleased to see the back of that Utter Cnut, Juncker the piss artist!!!

My last word on the whole sorry saga..
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Jak* wrote:Those who voted leave frequently say that it will be better in ten years time. Why? Do they know something that none of the politicians seem to know, is there a secret plan that is gradually going to unfold. It could be that staying in the EU life would be better in ten years time. There are so many uncertainties, China, Japan, Russia, the rest of the EU and the biggest one of all, Trump What if Donald gets in, there might be nothing left at all.
Cheers Jak
So what happens if we stay in the EU and the whole thing implodes because of the massive debt that countries like Italy are carrying or if other countries decide to leave the EU further increasing the likelihood.

Can you guarantee that we would still be better off staying and being part of the implosion than we would be if we leave now?
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

No, I don't think anyone can say for definite what the future can hold. If we could we would all be holding that winning lottery ticket in our hands. What all the politicians seem to be saying is that our economic future is linked with the EU or EEA, therefore if Italy or any country within the EU goes down the pan it is likely to have a serious financial consequence for whatever is left of the UK. So I guess economically the British public have taken a huge gamble with the UKs economic future, the view of most politicians seems to be that the risk is greater outside of the EU than in it. I guess time will tell, but still no one on the Leave side seems to be able to say what it is that is going to happen that is going to make things worth the pain and uncertainty that the UK is going through at the moment. If someone can tell me what the plan is then I might regret voting to remain, but at the moment for the sake of my country, my family and my own future, the current evidence suggests that I made the right decision.
I would like to be proved wrong, but I think if I have to wait ten years for that proof it will be rather too long.
Cheers Jak
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Just have a look at the general Brexit page and point me to something that looks like it is positive ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/brexit

On a brighter note: I've been doing my bit for the British economy (thumbs)

It'll end in tears I tells ya.
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

moto al wrote:
Cheers Jak
well said, unfortunately ,their seems too be people who want walk down the road of a blind tunnel with no direction , or a credible leader ...... I only wish I could waken up and realise it was just a bad dream . God help us All. Iv been in business for over 40 years dealing with international company's .i worry for my son,s future ,nearly 18. Some people on this forum COMENT about my spelling . I'm dyslexic .and it's never held me back regarding life . Sorry for my rant I just can't understand what's happening to our economy .Al
The out people, that's the only thing they can say, because they were lied to, deceive, by two perplex individuals that their only sole purpose for this exercise was to gain popularity, I don't think well no one thought that they will win, so they set up to destroy the UK, now that the hole thing is falling apart they jump ship. mmmm why? well this is a question the most of the out voters ask themselves and they are asking for a second referendum, because they feel that they were lied and mislead.

Farage, Boris they played their cards very well and the sheep follow them to the ballots, now they feel alone in the meadows with out their Sheppards because they ran with the tail under their legs. I guess is a easy escape for them, because they haven't got any answers for the things they promise to the British people.

What a mess and what shame to be British in this time of confusion and uncertainty, ( I'm not British but I live here 33 years more than some of you here, never wanted the passport I love it just us much of any of you, for the record. ) and today they were saying that they may have to let go the non residential immigrants, well I tell you one thing, when the french take the barriers in Calais we will have the biggest immigration that this country has ever seen and they will be all in the white cliffs of Dover lets see what the Outers got to say about that.

Return to “THE PUB”