EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dave448

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by dave448 »

says it all really .. :ohmy:

Tens of millions of pounds over budget and years behind schedule it has become one of the most obvious symbols of EU extravagance and waste.
But the European Council is finally almost ready to unveil its new £240million headquarters in the heart of Brussels.
Pictures obtained by the Mail show for the first time inside the widely mocked and maligned ‘Europa’ building, which David Cameron unsuccessfully tried to block.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Our nuclear submarines are massively over budget and years behind on delivery as well. Life's a bitch isn't it? :laugh:
scutty

Post by scutty »

Isn't every public project massively over budget and years behind?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

scutty wrote:Isn't every public project massively over budget and years behind?
Yep. That's why it's slightly comical that for years that kind of thing was ignored but now we've got a referendum looming anything going that direction but with the EU responsible is highlighted.

I'm living the dream right now because everything is dirt cheap in Eastern Europe and I can feel I'm getting something back for my payments over the last couple of decades. Grab it while you can is the only way forward because if we stop subsidising them the cost of my holidays might increase (thumbs)
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Mostly because you'll get stuff all when you change your pounds to euros.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AndyB wrote:Our nuclear submarines are massively over budget and years behind on delivery as well. Life's a bitch isn't it? :laugh:
Again a point about the EU (that we have a referendum on) is countered with a point that is not up for a referendum.

Your debating is as pointless as the Labour-Conservative petty blame game. Every time a relevant point is raised a petty finger is pointed in a non relevant direction.

If we were given a vote on Trident we would use it but until then we can do little about it. Unlike the EU.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
AndyB wrote:Our nuclear submarines are massively over budget and years behind on delivery as well. Life's a bitch isn't it? :laugh:
Again a point about the EU (that we have a referendum on) is countered with a point that is not up for a referendum.

Your debating is as pointless as the Labour-Conservative petty blame game. Every time a relevant point is raised a petty finger is pointed in a non relevant direction.

If we were given a vote on Trident we would use it but until then we can do little about it. Unlike the EU.
Well as far as I'm concerned pointing out mistakes by the EU is great fun but it kind of ignores the fact that in the UK we throw money away as if it's going out of fashion and nothing is going to change that.

I'd sooner my money went on bringing lesser priviliged nations forward than waste it on big boys toys so we can pretend we're worthy of a place at the top table.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I'd sooner my money went on bringing lesser priviliged nations forward than waste it on big boys toys so we can pretend we're worthy of a place at the top table.

if that's was what was happening then it would be a good thing, but it's not Greece is getting deeper in the shite by the day and what happens they chuck good money after bad and the Greek people suffer more.

France needs to change to survive but it will run into problems with their unions, hence why they have their tongue so firmly wedged up the arse of Germany.

What about Spain, Italy and Portugal they are really being brought forward (thumbs)

With regards to big long black things, one of the main reason for building them is to keep the skill base and give people work, they are not the only nukes we have :woohoo:

the sooner we vote out the better (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
dave448

Post by dave448 »

quite fun ...tho probably one sided...
B)
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

CRAIGREVO wrote:

Yep, happens all the time here. On both "sides" as well I might add. ;)
It'll end in tears I tells ya.

Return to “THE PUB”