Mates are supposed to be mates, right?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
steve172

Mates are supposed to be mates, right?

Post by steve172 »

I don't often post personal stuff on forums, but it seems my list of "mates" is running thin, so need somewhere to vent some anger etc.

Since splitting up with my ex last October, one of my mates has stepped up and really helped me through a very rough patch. It was my fault the relationship ended and I know this, I told him everything and how I felt about it, and that I even still have feelings fr the girl now. I considered him to be a very good mate, and thought he considered me to be the same.

It came to my attention tonight, after spotting my ex in his friends list on Facebook (I had previously told him not to talk to her after she told me he was trying to flirt with her on a dating website last month to which he agreed) that he has been seeing her behind my back since then, even though we have had nights out on the lash together etc. He confessed he has been seeing her, "it just happened" he said. I said this was bang out of order (it's bro code, is it not?).

Anyway, I confronted him and told him he should have at least came to me first, as a mate, but he couldn't. He told me had been dating someone recently but we hadn't spoke in detail about it. It turns out he is even willing to lose me as a mate over it, he said he even considered that could be a possible outcome if I found out.

Am I in the wrong? Is he in the wrong?

What a terrible end to the weekend.
RandG

Re: Mates are supposed to be mates, right?

Post by RandG »

Boys will be boys. A rampant cock knows no conscience :)
skipper

Post by skipper »

There are no friends in love and war.
V_King

Post by V_King »

a man knows what he is doing. "it just happened" is what you would hear from a woman.

you need to sort out your mates.
""
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Yup, of course he knew what he was doing.

The fact that he even considered that I might not call him a mate anymore did cross his mind but still did it anyway is probably the worst part, so I consider my friendship to him not valued.

What happened to bros before hoes?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

//Since splitting up with my ex last October, one of my mates has stepped up and really helped me through a very rough patch.//
[quote, op]

read wot yoo rote, innit :)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

steve172 wrote:
What happened to bros before hoes?
People stopped gardening?
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

V_King wrote:a man knows what he is doing. "it just happened" is what you would hear from a woman.
That's a really appalling statement.
special one

Post by special one »

In my opinion, your mate is a back stabbing c**t, it was probably his plan all along and helped you to ease his guilt a bit.
In the long term you'll thank him as it meant you got shot of her earlier, if it hadn't happened now it would've happened later on.

Move on, don't look back (thumbs)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

[email protected] wrote:
V_King wrote:a man knows what he is doing. "it just happened" is what you would hear from a woman.
That's a really appalling statement.
It really is an appalling statement............but the exact words that came from my ex`s mouth nearly 10 years ago! I had spent 2 full summers on my own in France creating our dream home for life from a pile of rubble and one of my best mates was "looking after her" when my kids where in bed :angry:

Steve- This may sound harsh, bollocks to them both, walk away from them as much as is possible and dont look back.....lifes to short

cheers Marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.

Return to “THE PUB”