Some good tips here (thumbs)

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]EBvsaN3Tc9c[/video]
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
-Ralph-

Re: Ride like a Copper...

Post by -Ralph- »

LOL, and the very first thing he does in the video is shove himself over into the left gutter, encouraging a car and a truck to come through the gap when he has right of way. He should have held his position in the road and forced the car and the truck to stop and wait behind the parked blue car on the right. If one of them doesn't stop and wait then he can still move to the left as a defensive measure. If he's already jammed himself into the left then he's got nowhere else to go.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Very good.
However Beware the Sump Line after heavy rain because on some roads there can be wash out gravel & debris which has been piled there by the adjacent wheels of fast moving traffic. :ohmy:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Good that, let the debate begin :P
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

-Ralph- wrote:LOL, and the very first thing he does in the video is shove himself over into the left gutter, encouraging a car and a truck to come through the gap when he has right of way. He should have held his position in the road and forced the car and the truck to stop and wait behind the parked blue car on the right. If one of them doesn't stop and wait then he can still move to the left as a defensive measure. If he's already jammed himself into the left then he's got nowhere else to go.
Think he was getting out the way of the oncoming lorry which was passing parked vehicles & using a lot of the road. :whistle:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

I don't know how I 've survived nearly 37 years of riding ?
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

picos mestizo wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:LOL, and the very first thing he does in the video is shove himself over into the left gutter, encouraging a car and a truck to come through the gap when he has right of way. He should have held his position in the road and forced the car and the truck to stop and wait behind the parked blue car on the right. If one of them doesn't stop and wait then he can still move to the left as a defensive measure. If he's already jammed himself into the left then he's got nowhere else to go.
Think he was getting out the way of the oncoming lorry which was passing parked vehicles & using a lot of the road. :whistle:
Which any IAM, ROSPA observer, advanced instructor, or copper will tell you is the wrong thing to do, all he did was open up the gap and invite the truck through. Should have held his position made the truck wait behind the parked blue car.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello ... otoid=9010
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Terrible positioning here for the junction on the left too. Building right on the corner, totally blind.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello ... otoid=9008

And sure enough what's coming when he gets there?

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello ... otoid=9009

Sorry, not watching any more.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

if your talking about minute 5 and the lorries he moved to the left away from the danger and also opened up his view of the lorries and the cars but also opened up their view of him. If he had been closer to position 2 or 3 as he puts it, it is less likely that a myopic car driver could see him from a position behind the lorries.

I would of done the same as he did to gain maximum view and therefore warning of anyone making a move, so no I would not tell people to hold their position at that point. Inviting people through yes I can see the point but if your hidden by a lorry from a driver driving to close to the arse of the vehicle in front being on the left hopefully gives them a chance of seeing you, a better chance than being in position 2 or 3.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Redmurty wrote:if your talking about minute 5 and the lorries he moved to the left away from the danger and also opened up his view of the lorries and the cars but also opened up their view of him. If he had been closer to position 2 or 3 as he puts it, it is less likely that a myopic car driver could see him from a position behind the lorries.

I would of done the same as he did to gain maximum view and therefore warning of anyone making a move, so no I would not tell people to hold their position at that point. Inviting people through yes I can see the point but if your hidden by a lorry from a driver driving to close to the arse of the vehicle in front being on the left hopefully gives them a chance of seeing you, a better chance than being in position 2 or 3.

cheers Spud ;)
Not talking about minute 5, see links to screenshots above, but will look at minute 5 now.

Return to “THE PUB”