camper vans at bike rally ????

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
moto al

Re: camper vans at bike rally ????

Post by moto al »

Well thanks to Franco, last year he was kind enough too take me in his motor home,to an ABR rally . It was my first outing for 5 months ,after my illness. It certainly helped me getting back my confidence. . Thanks again motorbike, FRANCO (thumbs)
image_2015-11-30.jpeg
image_2015-11-30.jpeg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 524 times
moto al
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

devon john wrote:

i give up

john
Don't. Just organise the type of event you want to, state the limitations - you don't have to justify yourself. (thumbs)

If others want a different type of event, they can organise it for themselves.

I really don't understand why this discussion needs to cause acrimony amongst what is after all, a small group of individuals with similar, but not identical interests.
We motorcyclists need to stick together IMO (thumbs)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Well said, don't give up on it John, it's your gig and it's not an easy thing to organise.
one-legged adventurer
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

If riding a motor bike to a campsite/field and camping there is not your thing, then John’s rallies are not for you.

Your all starting to sound a bit insecure now so here we go.

YOU ARE STILL A “BIKER” IF YOU DON’T LIKE CAMPING
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Second that--don't give up John--even if you say no vans etc I would still come and decide how to get there--250 odd miles on a little WR is possible --but only if the weather is half decent--otherwise it will be the winter hack and I'll camp and forgo the offroad--and still have a good time.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

John,
I am looking forward to it whatever people turn up in, whether they camp or sleep in a bunkhouse who cares ??

Sarge

Did I ask about parking the Winibago :sick: ??
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

The 'Elephant in the room' is you can get a shed more BEER in a van than a bike :whistle: :laugh:
''I'll get my coat, I think I left it in the tent'' :laugh: :laugh:
Mk1 Roy at the South Coast meet (thumbs)
Slightly more comfy, my home on meets (thumbs) £20 cheapie ;)
I know what your thinking, is that the 'Global Trex 2000' yep waterproof up to and including light drizzel and storm proof to slight gust of wind :S :laugh:
...and then some fool turned up in a motor-home :woohoo: :whistle: :laugh:
devon john

Post by devon john »

boboneleg wrote:Well said, don't give up on it John, it's your gig and it's not an easy thing to organise.
funny that the one,s complaining i don't recognize there names ,,,, i don't think they have been to an event i have run ..
it cost time and money to run these events ,, as i supply food and beer etc for around 60 its a risk but
i love doing it ,, it raises money for the Air Ambulance ,,,, every last penny of profit ..
last year we raised £514 .

IF i run it again it will be a little bit different ,
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

devon john wrote:
boboneleg wrote:Well said, don't give up on it John, it's your gig and it's not an easy thing to organise.
funny that the one,s complaining i don't recognize there names ,,,, i don't think they have been to an event i have run ..
it cost time and money to run these events ,, as i supply food and beer etc for around 60 its a risk but
i love doing it ,, it raises money for the Air Ambulance ,,,, every last penny of profit ..
last year we raised £514 .

IF i run it again it will be a little bit different ,
Keep it up John.

I've never been to one of your rallies for varying reasons but that doesn't mean I don't think you're doing a good job and you shouldn't be put off by the fact that not everyone has the same views as you do.

I'll be doing at least one winter rally, on a bike and camping this winter but that doesn't make me more of a biker than anyone else, it just means that's the type of rally I prefer.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

devon john wrote:
Nobody is complaining about your event!

You asked an general question about vans at rallys people are just giving there opinion on it.

Its not funny really. They haven't been because they don't like camping at the best of times, let alone in the dead of winter. Maybe you could advertise the bunk house in the title, as some wont even open a winter camping thread. (thumbs)
Although if your rally is as good as it seems the bunkhouse probably fills up pretty quick with regulars.

Return to “THE PUB”