camper vans at bike rally ????

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
mark1150

Re: camper vans at bike rally ????

Post by mark1150 »

With all this talk of banning particular modes transport from attending a rally it really puts me in mind of a quite famous one...........

The Nuremberg Rally, wasn't there a dictator in charge of that one too!
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

FFS.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Twistgrip wrote:Well,if I was ever to organise a motorcycle rally(which I'm not), it would be motorcycles,with or without sidecar,ONLY.

No cars,caravans,vans,campervans,motorhomes,trucks ect. No vehicles with more than 3 wheels. Trikes would also not be allowed(trikes are not motorcycles). And no 'kin excuses :angry:

I'm sick of all these multi-wheeled,weekend warriors,diluting the very ethos of what a road-going MOTORCYCLE rally is all about. Its about motorcycles,and riding motorcycles,not campervans,m/homes.

Take your campervan,m/home ect to a campervan/m/home rally;you can then all spend time around the fire,and while away the evening talking about porta-potties,waste disposal,awnings.

I've been in the Goldwing club for 34 years,and I've seen this, once great club, almost destroy itself because of this campervan-m/home issue. Don't let
it destroy your Motorcycle club.

There;I feel better now.

Twistgrip
Well there you are you've said it yourself Road going rally, what you haven't catered for is the diversity of "Adventure" riders and their chosen steeds.
I've yet to see a GS, or large KTM, or AT, hauled on the back of a camper to an event, but with smaller dual sports, or enduros it's normal.

What I don't get is how what you sleep in or what you drive makes you any different from the next guy?

BTW Would you double ban VanVan riders?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

As someone who had been to a motorbike rally on a bicycle I have an open mind. That particular occasion was for me a social meet up, a break from work and a chance to renew old acquaintances. There were folks on all sorts of bikes and some past attenders who couldn't stay the night but just dropped in for an evening catch up. People slept in tents and others slept in vans. One time I abandoned my tent and slept in the laundry as i was too cold.

If you enjoy someone's company does it matter what they sleep in? I think there seems to be a bit of a pissing contest at the heart of this. And behind that is someone hiding behind their own inadequacies and personal insecurities. You shouldn't have to bash someone else down to make yourself feel big.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Tinytots

Post by Tinytots »

Tourist-Biker wrote:
Tinytots wrote:I've been riding bikes on the road since I was 16 (Suzuki TS 50 /age 47 now). My mates and I would go to the Northwest 200, it would take 2 hours to cover the 40 odd miles. We had only enough money for a programme to support the racing, minimal food and beer, so we slept 3 abreast under a bit of tarpaulin in the sand dunes.
We've been to many different bike rallies/races throughout our lives, with many under the tarpaulin, a lot under canvas, a couple in campers/caravans, dozens in B&B's, Guesthouses, hotels and I've never once heard anyone complain about how we got there or where we were staying, they were just glad to see us and that we were supporting a good cause.
If I was organising a rally, or what ever you want to call it, I'd just be glad that people turned up, had a good time and gave loads of cash to the Air Ambulance fund.
If I chose to take my bike in my van for a wee bit of comfort, then I think I've earned that right, this doesn't make me any less a bike rider, than someone who started riding bikes a few years ago and staying in a 2 man Tesco dome tent is a new and exciting experience for them.(thumbs)
Hi,

What about if you made some T-shirts up with “ I’ve been riding motor bikes 31years on the road and been there done that “ or maybe get some cards printed up to hand out to the bikers who “started riding bikes a few years ago and staying in a 2 man Tesco dome tent is a new and exciting experience for them”

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What the hell are you on about? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Return to “THE PUB”