PPI

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

PPI

Post by garyboy »

could someone recommend me a PPI firm/contact (thumbs)

.. all these adverts and i don't know who to trust
.. I'm sure my bank must owe me some somewhere ?

thanks,
garyboy.
Diesel Pete

Re: PPI

Post by Diesel Pete »

You can ring your bank and ask yourself, they will have a very nice helpful person who will let you know if you have paid PPI and how to reclaim it if you have.

That is all the PPI claims companies do for you and charge you a lot of money for doing it.

Just google your bank name and PPI and you will probably find the direct number to ring.

Have a look here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... -insurance

I hope that helps (thumbs)
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Do it yourself. (thumbs)

Those ppi companies charge a huge proportion of your payout. At least 30%.

All you do is write a cover letter and fill in a questionnaire and send it off to the bank. An example cover letter is available on moneysavingexpert as is the questionnaire.

Don't worry if you don't have all the details. Fill in what you can. The bank are duty bound to research it all for you. And they do.

The most important question is really why you believe you were miss sold. There are good examples on the MSE website to keep you right.

I sent a letter and questionnaire to every financial institution I was with and the ones I had ppi with told me as did the ones that I did not.

I got a fortune back for one afternoons hard work. I would have been gutted if I lost 30-50% of it going through a company for what was such little effort.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Thankyou Pete and Tom B) B)

I will follow your advice :)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I did it myself and scored about Β£7k out of the b@stard bankers. It took about 10 hours work over three months and was super easy.

P!ssed all the money up the wall and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

:laugh:

better you pissing it up than the bankers (thumbs)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Brenhden wrote:I did it myself and scored about Β£7k out of the b@stard bankers. It took about 10 hours work over three months and was super easy.

P!ssed all the money up the wall and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it (thumbs)
Hope you have informed HMRC of your refund..............the tax man wants his cut too

If you haven't informed HMRC, it's tax avoidance :whistle:

(You pay tax on the 8% interest received as compensation, on top of the original insurance premium )
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

johnnyboxer wrote:
Brenhden wrote:I did it myself and scored about Β£7k out of the b@stard bankers. It took about 10 hours work over three months and was super easy.

Hope you have informed HMRC of your refund..............the tax man wants his cut too

(You pay tax on the 8% interest received as compensation, on top of the original insurance premium )
Oh. :blush:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Brenhden wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:

Oh. :blush:
Whoops :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Wish I'd been mis-sold PPI - the 8% gross interest is rather nice.

NOTE TO SELF: stop being diligent, and don't read any small print. Job done.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”