RIP Alf Garnett

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

RIP Alf Garnett

Post by lancashirelad »

RIP Warren Mitchell, now he knew how to be politically incorrect :laugh:
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Redmurty

Re: RIP Alf Garnett

Post by Redmurty »

he had a decent innings RIP

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
misterlaffer

RIP Alf Garnett

Post by misterlaffer »

lancashirelad wrote:RIP Warren Mitchell, now he knew how to be politically incorrect :laugh:
Such a shame we won't get to see reruns of him in his most famous role on UK TV because we aren't to be trusted in how we think anymore Instead we have to settle for watching abusive behaviour of people dished out on Eastenders. How serious we have all become.

A true comedian, and brilliant actor whose should be applauded for showing us how pathetic our prejudices are. Remember, the joke was always on his character Alf, who tackled the major social changes of the UK in the 60s and 70s. We are still going through those changes, and people still think in exactly the same way as they did back then, nothing has changed apart from us losing more and more of our great British sense of humour.

RIP.
phillh

Post by phillh »

Rest in peace Warren Mitchell.

You were a great actor and gentleman. You really made me laugh - thank-you!

Its a tragedy that the terrible events in Paris have overshadowed your passing.

But that's life, sadly.

Warren Mitchell (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
moto al

Post by moto al »

I wonder why they don't show his old shows :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :S ?
moto al
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

moto al wrote:I wonder why they don't show his old shows :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :S ?
It would be great to see this series again, unfortunately it would now be taken as serious comment rather than humour. Forty years ago I had West Indian, Polish and Maltese guys working with me. Great, loads of banter, race, colour had nothing to do with it, we just all had fun together. I was the gaffer and still got called snowflake on a regular basis. :laugh: Good times and great bunch of guys. (thumbs)
moto al

Post by moto al »

daytona-supersport wrote:
moto al wrote:I wonder why they don't show his old shows :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :S ?
It would be great to see this series again, unfortunately it would now be taken as serious comment rather than humour. Forty years ago I had West Indian, Polish and Maltese guys working with me. Great, loads of banter, race, colour had nothing to do with it, we just all had fun together. I was the gaffer and still got called snowflake on a regular basis. :laugh: Good times and great bunch of guys. (thumbs)
so true and they say it's a better world for IT . My posteria :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
moto al
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

missed

steve
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The problem with showing that kind of program is that the same people that watch (and appear on) shows like Jeremy Kyle would think it was acceptable behaviour.
moto al

Post by moto al »

AndyB wrote:The problem with showing that kind of program is that the same people that watch (and appear on) shows like Jeremy Kyle would think it was acceptable behaviour.
Who's Jeremy Kyle???????? :whistle: .
moto al

Return to “THE PUB”