Paris

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Throttled

Re: Paris

Post by Throttled »

Tonibe63 wrote:......

I agree with you Ralph but the media constantly labels the terrorists as Muslim so therefore many will, maybe conveniently, think that the Muslim religion is exactly like the terrorists. For this reason I think it is right for the Muslim community to voice the fact that the terrorists do not act for them, this I believe is now starting to happen.

My personal view is that we are largely force fed information by the Western media who broadcast stuff based on their owners/editors agenda and as such we need to be careful of knee jerk reactions based on 'leading' headlines.
I'm also very cynical about Western Politicians having many hidden agenda's rather than really being stupid enough to constantly make the same mistakes.
People of ultimate power rarely do things for the good of the people.
Indeed, this is not a war on our culture and society, it is IS fighting back to try and deter us from fighting them in Syria and Iraq.

I don't think our politicians have a hidden agenda as such. They get sucked into playing politics whereby the Saudis are the good guys because they are very wealthy and buy lots from us. But they also have provided lots of terrorists, funding for terrorists, promote their extreme intolerant version of Islam; Wahhabism from which IS has developed and have caused much unrest in the Middle east. If IS had the oil and the Saudis were fighting to establish a Wahhabi state in Syria/Iraq, we would be supporting IS. We did that with Iraq and Iran. Remember when Saddam Hussein was the good guy fighting the nasty Ayatollahs? We did that with the Taliban. Oh how we cheered when they beat the Soviets after the 1979 invasion of Afghanistan!
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Throttled wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:...... This was an attack on freedom, not an attack on christianity.
I disagree, it was an attack on France by IS because France has been attacking IS in Syria.
Not quite sure how you disagree, you haven't said anything which contradicts what I've said.

It was an attack on France, I didn't say it wasn't, however it was an attack on people out enjoying themselves on a Friday night, so it was for sure an attack on freedom as well as being an attack on France.

Frances involvement in Syria may be a catalyst for the location chosen, but several have been planned and thwarted by the intelligence agencies in the UK, and Lee Rigby has been killed, and we aren't attacking IS in Syria.

That really is secondary, the primary objectives were to strike at freedom and make people afraid to go to crowded places, and also to provoke retaliation so they could claim to be the victims.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Chunkychops wrote:Over a hundred times MORE Muslims have been killed by these terrorists arseholes - I have yet to see even a hundreth of the amount of public sympathy shown to those victims who too lost their loved ones. Let's get some perspective on this and stop tarring an entire religion by the acts of lunatics.
Well said, the level of ignorance and bigotry displayed in this thread is shameful. Maybe we should rename the forum EDL instead of ABR.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

-Ralph- wrote:
Throttled wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:...... This was an attack on freedom, not an attack on christianity.
I disagree, it was an attack on France by IS because France has been attacking IS in Syria.
Not quite sure how you disagree, you haven't said anything which contradicts what I've said.

It was an attack on France, I didn't say it wasn't, however it was an attack on people out enjoying themselves on a Friday night, so it was for sure an attack on freedom as well as being an attack on France.

Frances involvement in Syria may be a catalyst for the location chosen, but several have been planned and thwarted by the intelligence agencies in the UK, and Lee Rigby has been killed, and we aren't attacking IS in Syria.

That really is secondary, the primary objectives were to strike at freedom and make people afraid to go to crowded places, and also to provoke retaliation so they could claim to be the victims.
I am not aware and am quite sure that no country has been attacked by Islamic extremists who have been fighting in the middle east, where that country has not been involved in military action in the Middle east. Indeed the Islamic extremists have only been attacking the main countries who have lead the fight against them; the USA, UK, France and recently the Russians.

The reason why they go for public places is because that is how a small fighter hits back at a big one. We can fly jets and bomb them, often killing lots of civilians in the process. They cannot attack the jets to stop that from happening, so they just kill as many civilians as possible. It is revenge and to try and deter us.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

johnnyboxer wrote:
fullerton wrote:boys iam very angry whats happened, but let step back, this a bike forum and we let of steam lets not fall out, i personally want blood but let all chill

steve
What happened to you ?

'I personally want blood'

What kind of stAtement is that?
its bike bike forum and i would like to think where all mates, but reads like where at each others throat, the statement says it all, i want something done but we need all to chill out

steve
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Throttled wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Throttled wrote:

I am not aware and am quite sure that no country has been attacked by Islamic extremists who have been fighting in the middle east, where that country has not been involved in military action in the Middle east. Indeed the Islamic extremists have only been attacking the main countries who have lead the fight against them; the USA, UK, France and recently the Russians.

The reason why they go for public places is because that is how a small fighter hits back at a big one. We can fly jets and bomb them, often killing lots of civilians in the process. They cannot attack the jets to stop that from happening, so they just kill as many civilians as possible. It is revenge and to try and deter us.
So the 50 killed and over 250 wounded in Lebanon on Thursday by a direct attack by Daesh don't count?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

This is what pisses me off about this kind of thread. The level of ignorance from many is absolutely breathtaking. Ignorance of the overall events in the Middle East, ignorance of the refugee crisis and the far right propaganda that has attracted, and more than anything, ignorance about Islam and the Muslim world. Can we be absolutely crystal clear in that the perpetrators of the Paris atrocity ARE NOT MUSLIMS AND DO NOT REPRESENT ISLAM IN ANY WAY. The whole Muslim world stands together against Daesh, do you get it?

You use pejorative words to describe those of Asian descent (since deleted by the mods), and your bigotry is incredible, yet you use a forum called "Adventure Bike Rider". One of the great side effects of travel is that you learn about other cultures and you become more and more accepting of other ways of life as time goes by because you take the time to get to know people you meet when you travel. Free speech is one thing, but when that "free speech" is full of hate and bigotry, it ceases to be free speech, and becomes hate speech.

Some of you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves, and today I feel totally embarassed to be a "fellow" member of this site.
special one

Post by special one »

Let's not over react eh?
We seem quick to condemn the slightest racist or islamaphobic wiff of a post, but we, as western white people get a lot directed at us too, the difference is we are tolerant on the whole, that's why extremists are allowed freedom of speech and vile marches in Luton (as seen on BBC documentary and there's plenty of others on youtube)

I've been working for a Muslim family for last 9 months, they are a lovely family, couldn't ask for better customers, so I know first hand Muslims don't share the views of Isis and their kind.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

All this is starting to miss the point ...................there's over a 100 innocent people dead .............ISI claim responsibility

NUKE THE FUCKERS

By the way why as the header been changer ???? because i'm an "INFIDEL" :whistle:
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

but like the asian rallys that shout hate for this county but like the benitfits, like the returning dead being insulted when they where brought home by muslims with placards remember , etc etc. at this moment i am full of hate when my way of life is being threaten by this scum

mike go over to paris right now this point of view you probably get linched, but like i have said earlier, it is a bike forum and enough in my opp has been said.

cheers

steve

Return to “THE PUB”