ABR sticker seen in facebook rant by Dez

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: ABR sticker seen in facebook rant by Dez

Post by Redmurty »

boboneleg wrote:
felco wrote:I really can't get a grip on this Facebook thing, why do people post such shite, it's life, this forum is my only form of communication other than email and text and actually talking to folk( perish the thought) , why would you post such
shit, btw am off for a shit, then am having my dinner, then a beer, and probably (hopefully) a shag.
Brilliant Felco, my thoughts exactly. A woman I used to work with used to have arguments with her future husband on facetwat and then show me and ask me to comment :huh:
YES Bob did you then go for a shit take her to dinner give her a beer and then have a sympathy shag :kiss: :whistle:

if so grizzle details on a post card please

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

I'm not sure where I stand on this one. When I bought my Transalp 18 months ago it already had low level spots fitted. I've not had a bike with them before and wasn't sure if and when to use them. After having a chat with mates whom I've been following they all agree that I'm more visible when the spots are on and NO they aren't dazzled by them. I now only use them when the weather is bad, ie raining hard, and if filtering between other vehicles. I've found that car drivers definetly notice them and more of them pull over to let me pass.

Nick.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I wouldn't dream of driving my van about with my front front fog lights on all the time, that's because I have a fighting chance of surviving pretty much in one piece if someone pulls out on me.
I remember when car drivers used to flash you when you rode with your standard headlight on in the day time!
Johnny....it's continually reinforced to me, when I ride an Enduro with weak lights, car drivers have a tendency to pull out in front of me, just as some car drivers think they have to bully past you if you're on a small bike, the same driver would stay behind you if you're on a bigger bike.
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

I have the ktm led spots kit installed on my 990 adventure. Even gives you a replacement switch for the handlebars. The spots have 3 settings, I use the lowest during the day and highest at night obviuosly but at night I switch them to high beam use only, they're that bright.
A recent trip to the ulster GP first thing in the morning and return late at night had me as leader, my lights were that much better in the country roads that my mates could follow easily.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I'm not keen on the fad of auxiliary lights, my wifes old bike had spots that came on with the main beam and they were great giving a lot of useful extra light but if you want to run with auxiliary lights I think they should be setup so there is no way they can cause dazzle.

I also don't think they need to be that bright, it's more the different shade that attracts other drivers eyes to you.

Steve
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

MarkN wrote: It winds me up when I drive and see both people using their fog lights when they don't need them

I drove a couple of miles home this morning in fairly reasonable fog. Visability 30-50m, I must have seen 50-60 cars driving along.
About a dozen had no lights on at all!
About a dozen had front fog lights on!
Only 1 had a rear fog light on!!! Well 2 if you count me.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote:Johnny....it's continually reinforced to me, when I ride an Enduro with weak lights, car drivers have a tendency to pull out in front of me, just as some car drivers think they have to bully past you if you're on a small bike, the same driver would stay behind you if you're on a bigger bike.
Steve,
I don't honestly find that a problem on the XR 400 or EXC?
Headlights off unless raining
I tend to position properly & they see me ok & I never find they pull out on me
Last Sunday I had 2 grannies in Micras pull out on me, one in Van (no lights) or one on GSA (headlight only) & they would have carried on regardless of HID as they never even looked onto the main road whatsoever - so lights wouldn't have helped - Horn did the trick & my anticipation
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

P
johnnyboxer wrote:
SteveW wrote:Johnny....it's continually reinforced to me, when I ride an Enduro with weak lights, car drivers have a tendency to pull out in front of me, just as some car drivers think they have to bully past you if you're on a small bike, the same driver would stay behind you if you're on a bigger bike.
Steve,
Last Sunday I had 2 grannies in Micras pull out on me, one in Van (no lights) or one on GSA (headlight only) & they would have carried on regardless of HID as they never even looked onto the main road whatsoever - so lights wouldn't have helped - Horn did the trick & my anticipation
That's just not my experience at all.
I think it's about that split second decision whether to pull out or stay put, mixed in with their danger perception. Bright lights (they don't doesn't need to dazzle) defiantly help in convincing them to just hang on and wait until you've passed.
Edit....I've got to agree though, even bright lights won't stop the plain stupid, incompetent drivers.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote:P
johnnyboxer wrote:
Steve,
That's just not my experience at all.
I think it's about that split second decision whether to pull out or stay put, mixed in with their danger perception. Bright lights (they don't doesn't need to dazzle) defiantly help in convincing them to just hang on and wait until you've passed.
Edit....I've got to agree though, even bright lights won't stop the plain stupid, incompetent drivers.
I have slowed down a lot this year, I bet I don't go above 65mph on the open road even

Just to give me more anticipation time & see the scenery

I just don't feel like doing 70/80/90 anymore on a bike, it holds no buzz now
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

My pet hate is car drivers who see a bit of fog in the far distance and think "ooh I best put all my fog lights and leave them on for the next six weeks" :whistle:

Return to “THE PUB”