Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Roy C.

Re: The sad world .today

Post by Roy C. »

I remember in the olden days when Phones were for Phoning on. :laugh: :(
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Young lad worked in our company , he got wrong for " playing with his phone "all the time , poor lad did not like it and left the job the same day ,.... :huh:

First date and the lass never takes her hands of the phone ? Good bye girl .

When my old phone died on me after few years , i was not in a rush to get another one as i only use it if neceserary ( rarely ) , friends wife have made a comment when she learned that i have no phone , apparently i must be wierd (thumbs)
nug800

Post by nug800 »

We are victims of technology whether phones or bikes or cars....everything.
I am self employed & do my hands on work day to day but also sell on ebay. I have to force myself not to keep checking my phone for emails & ebay sales 24/7. My wife tells me off constantly, & she it right. The problem with this tech is that people expect you to answer & be attentive to them all the time. I find people on ebay get stroppy if they don't get a reply within 2 hrs !
This is the nature of todays people & we have all fed the beast through our online buying which ultimately saves us money in the long run.

All these negatives considered, I am now in the position that I have been rendered out off action thanks to a cretin who decided to drop a load of wooden roof trusses off the truck onto me. This put me in hospital. Yes, I will get some sort of compo for it. In the mean time I have to try and survive off ebay sales which is paltry in the grand sceme of things...happy days ! Trouble is, with all this time on my hands, I keep looking at ways of improving the bike which means spending cash I don't have !
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

its seems to be an absolute for younger women to have one extended in front of them...and a rule to do this when crossing the road ..does it give them the all clear ,if so lets get rid of pelican crossings
moto al

Post by moto al »

motorbike wrote:its seems to be an absolute for younger women to have one extended in front of them...and a rule to do this when crossing the road ..does it give them the all clear ,if so lets get rid of pelican crossings
hae FRANCO why not call them lemming crossings :whistle:
image_2015-10-17.jpeg
image_2015-10-17.jpeg (84.86 KiB) Viewed 737 times
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

the consequence of this behaviour is already being seen in Chiropractic clinics, over use injuries to the thumbs and kids with very bad necks, phones, tablets :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”