Disgusting behaviour over Squaddies treatment!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveR

Disgusting behaviour over Squaddies treatment!!

Post by SteveR »

"A hospital has apologised after an RAF sergeant was moved away from other patients because staff said his uniform might cause offence."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368332

Just saw this on my News app. Now I am seriously bloody offended at the behaviour of the Hospital staff.... :angry:

Someone needs to get a proper sense of priority at that Hospital. If a another patient is really so offended to be treated next to a serving member of the AF, then he needs to get an 'effin life or FOAD!
MarkN

Re: Disgusting behaviour over Squaddies treatment!!

Post by MarkN »

I have nothing to add to your comments above, Steve. Shocking behaviour from the hospital.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

It was a stupid thing to do. However it seems to have been done with (misguided) good intentions. To be honest the mistake of one nurse that led to a man being moved to somewhere slightly nicer is hardly news worthy.

What's suprising is how quickly this has been jumped on and misquoted on facebook to make it sound like something which it wasn't...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've had a look at the BBC report on it and to be honest I think Brenhden has got it right. The hospital say a member of staff moved the Sergeant because of a "previous altercation" when a man in uniform was in there. It also says that the Sergeant was asked if he wanted to move rather than being told he had to move.

It was a bad call but was it really such a serious matter that the press had to be notified and then for it to make the top 10 items on the BBC news feed?
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

I think "Disgusting behaviour" should more pertinently be levied @ the press for an over reacted report of an insignificant & minor incident actioned by a junior member of A&E staff.
I'm certain there was no offence meant by this comforting offer to a Sergent ( not quite a squadie) of our armed forces.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I will not disagree that the Nurse may have been pilloried unfairly, the first para that I quoted was the lead part of the initial report, subsequently altered a bit....

So those popping at the Press may have been right. I hope that teh Beeb is above low end tabloid reporting but these days they just pull in teh items from a stringer I expect?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Brenhden wrote:It was a stupid thing to do. However it seems to have been done with (misguided) good intentions. To be honest the mistake of one nurse that led to a man being moved to somewhere slightly nicer is hardly news worthy.

What's suprising is how quickly this has been jumped on and misquoted on facebook to make it sound like something which it wasn't...
Fair comments Brendhen.

The reaction on FB is not something i can comment on, life is too short for FB ;-)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I don't do FB but I can just imagine the reaction on there.

As for the BBC website; it's a joke when they open some of the reports for comments and at that point it descends to the level I suspect FB is probably at.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”