You thought motorcycles were dangerous ( if you don't like gorey don't looky)

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bond_yzf

You thought motorcycles were dangerous ( if you don't like gorey don't looky)

Post by bond_yzf »

Result of my downhill mountain bike brake lever Sunday

Over jumped a set of doubles and decided to bail mid flight not the best decision as the brake lever stabbed me

130 mm long by 70 mm deep

Also broken hand and wrist

The lever just missed the big artiery in the leg but took the protective skin around it away so damn lucky I is :laugh:

Thought I was getting out yesterday but unfortunately not so now stuck in Bedford hospital bored shit less
bond_yzf

Re: You thought motorcycles were dangerous ( if you don't like gorey don't looky)

Post by bond_yzf »

Excuse the pubes all nicely taken care of by the good old NHS happy days!!!!
Godspeed

Re: You thought motorcycles were dangerous ( if you don't like gorey don't looky)

Post by Godspeed »

Wow, hope you recover quickly!!!

Having performed countless surgeries for years I wasn't feeling ill until you mentioned your pubes
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

Ouch,
I'd love to say you were lucky, but that's not a phrase that's at on your tongue at the moment. I'm sat with my baddy knee elevated thinking what a big Jessie I am.
I hope your recovery is swift and full
Adventure before Dementia
BIG DON

Post by BIG DON »

B)

Blimey

You are a very lucky man, take care hope you are up and about soon.
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Was that on the track not so far from Bedford? Lovely place. My son and myself used to frequent that one. There was a fatality there a few weeks back.

Count yourself very lucky because where that lever got you an artery injury there would be very hard to block off.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 36,400 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Godspeed wrote:Wow, hope you recover quickly!!!

Having performed countless surgeries for years I wasn't feeling ill until you mentioned your pubes
:laugh: that's made my day
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:Was that on the track not so far from Bedford? Lovely place. My son and myself used to frequent that one. There was a fatality there a few weeks back.

Count yourself very lucky because where that lever got you an artery injury there would be very hard to block off.
Chicksands yes matey
DaleC

Post by DaleC »

Ouch! :ohmy:

Makes my recent couple of offs look a bit silly - even if my left hand hasn't regained full strength after 3 months and using the clutch reminds me each time.

Good to see that you have the priorities straight though - photos! (thumbs)

GWS and remember, chicks dig scars B)
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Bloody hell mate, What a shitter. You ride solo across the Pyrenees off road, across France to Italy up the Border Ridge Road, numerous mountain trails around Bardonecchia including the Stella the you get stuffed of a push bike.

At least it missed your nuts. (thumbs)
Is that you todger laying there all bandaged up? Must be hung like a donkey. :laugh:
No nooky for you for a while then. :laugh:
Tell the missus, OK but be gentle with me. :laugh:
With your wrist damaged as well, you really are screwed. :whistle:

Hope you get well soon.

Ps,
I'm amazed at how many riders get injured on mountain bikes. Makes enduro and moto cross look like the safer option. I met on of Italy's top international enduro riders at the Bokki about four years ago, he was on crutch's, yep mountain bike crash. I'll be sticking will motorbikes, these push bikes are way to dangerous.

Return to “THE PUB”