Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Emf#53
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Emf#53 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 pm

skipper wrote:I have an ex polite pan, no stickers or hi-vis but I can see where these guys are coming from because there have been times (though not recently)when the traffic has parted like the red sea for Moses and people in general have been more attentive and stick to speed limits.Still some go too far and end up looking like a [email protected]
I wear an orange high viz tabard thingy when I'm on my 800GS - it certainly makes a difference when I'm wearing it to when I forget - I don't think people think I'm a copper but other vehicles are more aware of me that's for sure.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
JonE
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:31 am

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by JonE » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:00 pm

I had the misfortune of meeting a POLITE CANT on the way home this evening, he filtered to the front of the queue where I was waiting to turn right and stopped on my left and although he was positioned in the junction to turn left he was indicating right, he pulled into the gap I would have normally gone for cutting right in front of me if I hadn't noticed his indicator and pulled away as usual we would have both been on the deck. He then preceded to hold me up on a short twisty section before overtaking/filtering into oncoming traffic causing a car to brake to avoid him.

Maybe he should concentrate more on his riding than his frankly ridiculous wannabe hi vis.

Rant over. :)

gland
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by gland » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:40 pm

bumped into a couple of the polite twats at services on way home after a particularly good rally. They looked at me like they had trod in something, so I sat right next to them and treated them to some post rally belly rumblers. I like to think they appreciated it.

Reeferman
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 7:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Reeferman » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:32 pm

skipper wrote:I have an ex polite pan, no stickers or hi-vis but I can see where these guys are coming from because there have been times (though not recently)when the traffic has parted like the red sea for Moses and people in general have been more attentive and stick to speed limits.Still some go too far and end up looking like a [email protected]
Likewise, except for the orange and yellow to increase noticability and the reflective white you can't see during the day, but I ride to the conditions and 'make progress' where safe.
A bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work.
I should change the picture to the WR250F but a bit of confusion is OK.

mondo traveller
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by mondo traveller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:33 am

:laugh: Is this the guy? (thumbs)
Company: UK Motorcycle Transport Services
Address: 101 Harrison Road
Southampton
Hampshire
SO17 3TL
Contact: G Smith
Telephone: 07719232161
Email: Geoffsmithhotmail.co.uk
Category: motorbike transport / motorcycle transportation
Area scope: hampshire

Snowy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Go Outdoors sells a hi viz vest for cyclists with chequered strip and polite, also sells hi viz helmets strangley called MET. Twats

fullerton
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by fullerton » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 pm

herman wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
and rivi barn, i heard some lads had a word sort of

steve

boristhebold
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by boristhebold » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Snowy wrote:Go Outdoors sells a hi viz vest for cyclists with chequered strip and polite, also sells hi viz helmets strangley called MET. Twats
MET (Italian firm I think) have been making cycle helmets for years, just coincidence that their gear is sold alongside these idiotic tops.

I first saw them worn by the horsey set and knew it would cause issues...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -bibs.html

dave j
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Rayleigh, Essex
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by dave j » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Cockwombles one and all.
KTM 950 Adventure - Gone.
KTM 990R Adventure - Gone.
Now KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
Suzuki DRZ400
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.

Andy A
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Andy A » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:56 pm

fullerton wrote:
herman wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
and rivi barn, i heard some lads had a word sort of

well he had to do something when he retired from Boon !!


steve

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trev and 133 guests