Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Emf#53

Re: Metropolitan Polite motorbikers

Post by Emf#53 »

skipper wrote:I have an ex polite pan, no stickers or hi-vis but I can see where these guys are coming from because there have been times (though not recently)when the traffic has parted like the red sea for Moses and people in general have been more attentive and stick to speed limits.Still some go too far and end up looking like a tw@t
I wear an orange high viz tabard thingy when I'm on my 800GS - it certainly makes a difference when I'm wearing it to when I forget - I don't think people think I'm a copper but other vehicles are more aware of me that's for sure.
JonE

Post by JonE »

I had the misfortune of meeting a POLITE CANT on the way home this evening, he filtered to the front of the queue where I was waiting to turn right and stopped on my left and although he was positioned in the junction to turn left he was indicating right, he pulled into the gap I would have normally gone for cutting right in front of me if I hadn't noticed his indicator and pulled away as usual we would have both been on the deck. He then preceded to hold me up on a short twisty section before overtaking/filtering into oncoming traffic causing a car to brake to avoid him.

Maybe he should concentrate more on his riding than his frankly ridiculous wannabe hi vis.

Rant over. :)
gland

Post by gland »

bumped into a couple of the polite twats at services on way home after a particularly good rally. They looked at me like they had trod in something, so I sat right next to them and treated them to some post rally belly rumblers. I like to think they appreciated it.
Reeferman

Post by Reeferman »

skipper wrote:I have an ex polite pan, no stickers or hi-vis but I can see where these guys are coming from because there have been times (though not recently)when the traffic has parted like the red sea for Moses and people in general have been more attentive and stick to speed limits.Still some go too far and end up looking like a tw@t
Likewise, except for the orange and yellow to increase noticability and the reflective white you can't see during the day, but I ride to the conditions and 'make progress' where safe.
A bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work.
I should change the picture to the WR250F but a bit of confusion is OK.
mondo traveller

Post by mondo traveller »

:laugh: Is this the guy? (thumbs)
Company: UK Motorcycle Transport Services
Address: 101 Harrison Road
Southampton
Hampshire
SO17 3TL
Telephone: 07719232161
Email: Geoffsmithhotmail.co.uk
Category: motorbike transport / motorcycle transportation
Area scope: hampshire
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

Go Outdoors sells a hi viz vest for cyclists with chequered strip and polite, also sells hi viz helmets strangley called MET. Twats
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

herman wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
and rivi barn, i heard some lads had a word sort of

steve
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Snowy wrote:Go Outdoors sells a hi viz vest for cyclists with chequered strip and polite, also sells hi viz helmets strangley called MET. Twats
MET (Italian firm I think) have been making cycle helmets for years, just coincidence that their gear is sold alongside these idiotic tops.

I first saw them worn by the horsey set and knew it would cause issues...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -bibs.html
dave j

Post by dave j »

Cockwombles one and all.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

fullerton wrote:
herman wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:Image[/img]

I can't find the article but this twat was in MCN a couple of years back as he chases down riders he deems are riding too fast and gives them a naughty boy talk then runs to police to tell them all about it..... I bet the police where he lives really love him turning up :whistle:
He stopped coming to meets like Alton cafe for safety reasons...his.
and rivi barn, i heard some lads had a word sort of

well he had to do something when he retired from Boon !!

steve

Return to “THE PUB”