Are ABR Rallies a thing of the past ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

I have attended quite a few ABR rallies over the years but have noticed very low numbers at certain rallies this year and lack of interest and was told today that Ullapool is very quiet maybe 20 riders... What's your thoughts on this

Cheers
picos mestizo

Re: Are ABR Rallies a thing of the past ?

Post by picos mestizo »

Thank you.
Exit stage left for all ukgser superiorly organised events :dry:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

Maybe it's because the majority of people who turn up are on bm's and they stick with each other,i know this from personal experience and I don't want to go to rallies with people who's comments to me have been shut up whingeing and get a job,that's why I only go to 1 abr rally every year,the Ireland one where everyone is friendly.
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Maybe the rallies are crap because there is nothing going on, maybe they should have something to entice people to come, I know the ullapool rally everyone just does there own thing and it's actually quite hard to meet people especially when the weather is bad and everyone just heads off into town...
Stevied

Post by Stevied »

I think the days of 60_70 plus are probably gone. Most of us now know who we get on with and the type of riding we like. There are lots more small meetings of like minded people, many don't get posted on here to control numbers. It's normally the case that if 60 say there going maybe only 30 will turn up. hence keeping it it small.
If at wasn't for the ABR rallies most of us would never have met.
Now wouldn't that be sad.
skipper

Post by skipper »

20 riders to a cold wet weekend in N scotland is a hit.If the weather was more promising it would have been double numbers, its the uk, weather is a big factor in all events.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

maby its the thought of having to lug around pitch a stupid tent . sleep or not sleep in a stupid tent ..having to clear up and pack a stupid tent and lug a stupid tent on the trails ..perhaps if everyone booked into a nice pub ..they could use their tents to make a fire outside to recreate that gilly gilly wotcher atmosphear you get with camping :sick: ..and the world would be a better place B)

oops
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Stevied

Post by Stevied »

minkyhead wrote:maby its the thought of having to lug around pitch a stupid tent . sleep or not sleep in a stupid tent ..having to clear up and pack a stupid tent and lug a stupid tent on the trails ..perhaps if everyone booked into a nice pub ..they could use their tents to make a fire outside to recreate that gilly gilly wotcher atmosphear you get with camping :sick: ..and the world would be a better place B)

oops
Not big onto camping then Steve?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Happens to a lot of forum based events, initial euphoria & then a bit of waning

However I was pleased with the 60-70 odd that turned up to a ukgser event I co- organised this year, even though the forum is in its 14th year
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Stevied wrote:
minkyhead wrote:maby its the thought of having to lug around pitch a stupid tent . sleep or not sleep in a stupid tent ..having to clear up and pack a stupid tent and lug a stupid tent on the trails ..perhaps if everyone booked into a nice pub ..they could use their tents to make a fire outside to recreate that gilly gilly wotcher atmosphear you get with camping :sick: ..and the world would be a better place B)

oops
Not big onto camping then Steve?
whatever gave you that idea steve :whistle:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “THE PUB”