If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
XF650

If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Post by XF650 »

Don't know what it is about today's drivers but I seriously can't stand going out in the car any more! Every single time I'm out on four wheels, I get stuck behind some twat who can't drive. Whether they're going slow one minute and fast the next or they're braking frantically at every single tiny little bend in the road, the air turns blue, blood pressure goes up and I'm frustrated as hell. Not always an old codger or some dearie but more and more often, some middle aged male who obviously hasn't got a clue. What's up with these people? :angry:

On a bike, meet twat, open throttle, they're history. Bliss and soon forgotten about. :woohoo:

So, God, if you exist, thank you thank you thank you for the motorbike! (thumbs)
Redmurty

Re: If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Post by Redmurty »

mate I feel the same really hate driving now a days and do my best to tell other to save their money rather than do driving lessons and buy a car. Following cars doing 40 in a sixty whilst they trail their brakes around corners is "doing my head in".

I honestly don't remember car drivers on a whole being like this a decade or so back are their more fossils out there driving is it the simple fact people really don't care about anyone else any more.

I am happy for them to drive slow if they want to but at least allow people to get past you "like pull over man" :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Spout

Post by Spout »

...and this is a good time to remind motorcyclists to check your mirrors whilst filtering. There might be a more confident/reckless rider fuming in his helmet trying to get passed. ;)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Spout wrote:...and this is a good time to remind motorcyclists to check your mirrors whilst filtering. There might be a more confident/reckless rider fuming in his helmet trying to get passed. ;)
and to do a life saver when you pass a car to make sure they haven't shut the gap on you like a kind fellow did to me the other day :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Mind the speed camera van............. :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Spout wrote:...and this is a good time to remind motorcyclists to check your mirrors whilst filtering. There might be a more confident/reckless rider fuming in his helmet trying to get passed. ;)
I did exactly that yesterday once I found somewhere, it seems two years of not commuting on a bike have killed my filtering skills :(
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ive said it many times before the real solution to bad driving is a retest evaluation every 5 years across all modes of transport...

It would.create jobs,lower insurance and less accidents yes a lot of folks would be taken off the road but if they cant deive safely to modern road conditions they shouldnt have a license..

Im rare in that as a hgv driver others actions rarely fase me....as im being paid to sit in traffic lol...
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

What would you sugest in this situation with no way of pulling over to let Mr MyJourney'sMoreImportantThanYour's pass you :whistle:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
micksea

Post by micksea »

and why is it no one knows how to use a motorway slip road any more? OP is right,over the last ten years things have got worse
steve172

Post by steve172 »

People who drive cars generally have no interest in driving, and are therefore not interested in being good at it. With the exception of actual car and driving enthusiasts who do take it seriously, but there are far fewer of them than the former.

Return to “THE PUB”