If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
micksea

Re: If There Is A God...Thank You, Thank You!

Post by micksea »

they are "helping" you to overtake them :blink:
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

And those fookers who, when turning left, pull over the centre line on the right, before making the turn left. :angry:
ratass

Post by ratass »

grrrr dont get me started,i rode from devon to bicester last friday and the m5 was pretty much static most the way to bristol,now baring in mind my gs is about 3 foot wide with the boxes,i needed to meet someone so i needed to make reasonable progress so it was time to do some filtoring(about 60 odd miles in the end) working on this trip i think 70% of drivers see you and give you an extra foot or so to pass(thank you to those) 20% either dont see you or think youve got room(ill let you off for that) but the last 10% see you in their mirrors turn and laugh with their other scrote mates pull over and physically block you(you are utter assholes we are doing nothing wrong live with it)
the sat before i went to the wildeness gathering at Mere(great event by the way),on the devon link rode again i was filtoring the considorate folks let you through,i came apon a dark blue bmw salon and though i know what you are :),a hand came out the window and waved me through as i pasted i noticed the uniform i shout thanks and move on two cars further was a black r/rover sport with scarves hanging everywhere this pulled over the white line and blocked fortwo or three miles pulling in and out when we move forward,once we hit the d/carrageway he spend off only to be pulled over by said blue bm,yessssssss result.
rattys rant over
jon
micksea

Post by micksea »

they"ve seen rally drivers do it on the telly,makes for good dash cam footage :laugh:
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Started my rant here cos of a particular journey from Buxton to Sheffield a few days ago where, I kid you not, every single car there and back was a twat. Main problem is that there aren't very many places to overtake but when I do, oops, there's another one! Missus tells me I'll blow a gasket one of these days but it is good to know that I'm not alone here.

On a bike, meet twat, twat gone within a few seconds. BP rarely has a chance to elevate and, to be honest, with most of my bike rides, I usually come back feeling great and totally chilled. So, this was a twat rant but also a voice of thanks to an integral part of my life, the motorbike.

What on earth would I do without 'em? :unsure:
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Some of you guys need to drive an HGV for a 1000 miles a week, it doesn't take long to realise it makes no difference and all you are doing is winding yourself up.
As I side note I had to commute on my bike 1 day this week and I was surprised at the strong smell of cannabis coming from open car windows, very worrying.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
micksea

Post by micksea »

I drive an hgv for about 2000 miles every week,i don"t get wound up but just chuckle to myself.i"m just sharing my observations rather than ranting.like you say,getting wound up is pointless because it just snowballs and you would just end up letting the smallest thing add to the frustration until your head exploded
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I'm not winding myself up, just making an observation.
I drive a 7 and a half tonner, though not HGV, I've still had to get a CPC licence, and like you say you get on with it and take all comers into account.
bull

Post by bull »

for some reason the 1971 film Duel comes to mind, where a very careful car driver who never passes 40mph or 50mph is chased across the country by an angry 18 wheeler at speeds up to 100mph :laugh:

1971 movie Duel, a classic so it is
ratass

Post by ratass »

Dam haven't watched that for yrs.
Jon

Return to “THE PUB”