SteveR

Re: Liability for leading a group/tour

Post by SteveR »

Great summary Richard. Thank you!
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

[quote="Mike54" post=439669
Well go on then smart arse, where's your comprehensive information and contribution?

Note I said REALISTICALLY.[/quote]

Please edge it with the smart arse bit. This is the second similar post in two years that we have disagreed on. I have also gone into the issue on a post about SELKENT ride outs a few months ago and the general response is normally "we're all big boys/grow a pair/let's ignore it", so my input is wasted with regards to this topic. Your "comprehensive information" is a misguided opinion (a.k.a. bollocks), just because it's your opinion doesn't automatically make it a fact.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Tourider wrote:[quote="Mike54" post=439669
Well go on then smart arse, where's your comprehensive information and contribution?

Note I said REALISTICALLY.
Please edge it with the smart arse bit. This is the second similar post in two years that we have disagreed on. I have also gone into the issue on a post about SELKENT ride outs a few months ago and the general response is normally "we're all big boys/grow a pair/let's ignore it", so my input is wasted with regards to this topic. Your "comprehensive information" is a misguided opinion (a.k.a. bollocks), just because it's your opinion doesn't automatically make it a fact.[/quote]

Ok I'll ask for a second time, how about putting in some information and making a positive contribution. My commments are not "bollocks". They are borne from running trips abroad for over 20 years, and having many many dealings with my solicitors in terms of ensuring everything is complied with in terms of the law. Now, unless you are going to give some factual information which has a basis IN LAW, then your "contribution" to this is effectively worthless. You can't disagree then take your ball home and say you're not going to contribute because it'll be ignored. If it's factual and not speculative, it won't be (at least not by me anyway)
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

...or me!( I have spent unnecessary time this year in all 3 courts defending unfounded allegations, encouraged through greed & stupidity...not bike related...yet!)...I have just read the article in ABR & the solicitor states that he is not aware of anyone providing bikes as part of a package (really!??), but if bikes are provided...then its different again.

surely there must be insurance companies prepared to take on the risk...if a risk assessments/due diligence is observed etc....Mike54...are you able to advise in the absence of others reluctance to contribute?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I would have thought that the law is the same in all cases where you are providing a service as a business, whether that's guiding a bike tour or hosting a clay pigeon shooting event...if you're the organiser you've got to have liability insurance for the event and do all the other things that have already been mentioned on here. If it's a non-commercial event, say, a trail-ride with a bunch of mates then I can't see that the above would apply but it can only be a matter of time before the 'leader' gets sued by a fellow rider for some mishap along the way... :ohmy:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Tourider wrote:[quote="Mike54" post=439669

Note I said REALISTICALLY.
Please edge it with the smart arse bit. This is the second similar post in two years that we have disagreed on. I have also gone into the issue on a post about SELKENT ride outs a few months ago and the general response is normally "we're all big boys/grow a pair/let's ignore it", so my input is wasted with regards to this topic. Your "comprehensive information" is a misguided opinion (a.k.a. bollocks), just because it's your opinion doesn't automatically make it a fact.[/quote]
uploadfromtaptalk1437392337882.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1437392337882.JPG (30.41 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1437392337882.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1437392337882.JPG (30.41 KiB) Viewed 424 times
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Would be well worth looking @ what framework IAM's use on public roads. (which would of course include anything under public road traffic law)
Don't think there are many actual court cases worthy of study for these situations & perhaps a Solicitor giving advice on such matters could point to one that has some bearing on this subject matter.
I would have thought that a Business would be covered by Public Liability insurance.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

I've no legal knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that any sort of disclaimer will not be worth the paper its printed on come a claim, and I would of thought that if you start doing risk assessments for group/friends rides then you would have to do everything due diligence insurance and all that.
So are you leading the extreme full throttle nutters ride or what :laugh:

Return to “THE PUB”