The house of arrogance

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: The house of arrogance

Post by Redmurty »

pinball1008 wrote:"Not everyone is a Royalist and in fact there is a labour candidate leader who wants to curtail some of the spending of the Royals but he also said if he was Prime minister he would curtail his own spending"
I guess I border on Royalist, but if the archives are in the public interest then perhaps they should be published. Private photo's are a different matter in my opinion.
Is the labour MP in question still taking his 11% pay rise? Or has he refused it to curtail his own spending?
Mp's will argue that they don't give themselves pay rises another body does :whistle: and as regards private photo's I agree but in their position what can be considered private or what's in the public interest ? don't know and I don't know how you could answer that. But an answer could be if you don't want the scrutiny leave the life you have, not sure how you would do that as a "Royal" though

some people are Royalist some are not some are labour some are not some even like bikes some don't (foolish people) we are all different and should be it's allowed (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

It would appear 45 MP's have declined the rise, albeit they get paid it but have vowed to donate the additional to charity, we'll see I guess :laugh:
I was in public service for 32 years, but still believed my private time was my own, although my employer would beg to differ at times. I believe this privacy should be the same for anyone, despite their "profession" Perhaps this is wrong and we should all be subject to total scrutiny?
Not all those wandering are lost
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I know it's not the same thing but I commented on an Internet forum that a certain public funded place where I work was where I went when I needed a break and less than a week later I received an email asking me to explain my comments. If you want it kept private either keep quiet or don't do it.

And no, my surname was never used on that forum.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

your own time should be exactly that but in certain jobs it can never be, but if you accept the office then you accept the limitations.

I believe that the SNP are going to refuse the rise, it's not only the rise's though it's the flipping of house's renting out their property in London and then claiming rent to live in London :whistle:

Give them a fair wage and cut some of the more dubious expense claims

cheers Spud ;)

gbags

Post by gbags »

Mac 60 wrote:I (your name), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.

Here it is, Oath of Attestation. Took my at 16. No way out of this one other than treason.
So did I and it is individually done to the officer or senior NCO who signs you on. Someone who says he did it without saying the words out loud never served in HM forces.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

How bizarre it is that you take an oath to defend the monarch and his/her offspring - but not to defend the country! Almost as bizarre as the national anthem - which in fact ISN'T a national anthem, but an anthem to the King or Queen. The UK national anthem must be unique in being the only 'national' anthem that doesn't mention the name of the country (apart from those that don't have lyrics)!

Absurd - as is the whole idea of 'royalty', which in reality is just a bunch of rich people - foreigners in our case - who historically appropriated land by force then demanded tribute in the form of taxes from the 'proles'.

It's every bit as ridiculous and recidivist as organised religion - which of course royals all over the globe use to cement their power by inventing the myth that they are ordained by God to assume the position they appoint themselves.

Viva la revolucion!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

gbags wrote:
Mac 60 wrote:I (your name), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.

Here it is, Oath of Attestation. Took my at 16. No way out of this one other than treason.
So did I and it is individually done to the officer or senior NCO who signs you on. Someone who says he did it without saying the words out loud never served in HM forces.
Wanna see my docs mate your more than welcome (thumbs) and to my knowledge we did in a group same as when I joined the police you can see those doc's as well if you like (thumbs) (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Ken Shabby wrote:How bizarre it is that you take an oath to defend the monarch and his/her offspring - but not to defend the country! Almost as bizarre as the national anthem - which in fact ISN'T a national anthem, but an anthem to the King or Queen. The UK national anthem must be unique in being the only 'national' anthem that doesn't mention the name of the country (apart from those that don't have lyrics)!

Absurd - as is the whole idea of 'royalty', which in reality is just a bunch of rich people - foreigners in our case - who historically appropriated land by force then demanded tribute in the form of taxes from the 'proles'.

It's every bit as ridiculous and recidivist as organised religion - which of course royals all over the globe use to cement their power by inventing the myth that they are ordained by God to assume the position they appoint themselves.

Viva la revolucion!
my whole point mate I served and fought like a lot of others for this country anyone saying their were only Royalist in the military are plain stupid there were lots of people who would never say they supported the "Royals" but were more than happy to defend their country.
They are just people with a dubious history that withstand they are JUST people no more deserving of my oath than Joe the Vagrant up the road.

Never understood blind obedience to anything

cheers Spud ;)

Return to “THE PUB”