The house of arrogance

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
midlife

Re: The house of arrogance

Post by midlife »

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Didn't the then Princess Elizabeth out a uniform on and actually serve the country during WWII?

That says more about her than an old photo published by a newspaper with a history of insulting people who are unable to answer back. I find it hard to believe that people still pay for that disgusting publication after their reporting of Hillsborough.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Spud, maybe not, my two posts were more to address the rabid bigot who posts random sh..e and the gets all upset when called out to explain his meaning.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AndyB wrote:Didn't the then Princess Elizabeth out a uniform on and actually serve the country during WWII?

That says more about her than an old photo published by a newspaper with a history of insulting people who are unable to answer back. I find it hard to believe that people still pay for that disgusting publication after their reporting of Hillsborough.
yes to be fair she did but so did many others and I wonder how many had been followers of Moseley till they realised what was indeed happening.

History is there for lesson to be learnt from

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
moto al

Post by moto al »

midlife wrote:These pictures were taken in 1933 some 6 years before the start of the war and the intent and horror of the Nazis was not expected. However this makes for some interesting reading Al, makes you proud?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... iance.html
,sorry Old chap ,please know your history before you rubbish my comments. Dachau nazi concentration camp opened in 1933,by Heinrich himmler,the same year the anti Jewish laws were implemented,.ps I don't read the sun rag, .my post came via the daily mail web page. Fortunately the hotel Cipriani doesn't sell both those rags. Ciao 34c caldo (thumbs) .Al
moto al
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Redmurty wrote:
AndyB wrote:Didn't the then Princess Elizabeth out a uniform on and actually serve the country during WWII?

yes to be fair she did but so did many others and I wonder how many had been followers of Moseley till they realised what was indeed happening.

History is there for lesson to be learnt from

cheers Spud ;)
I was going to find a link detailing how many supporters Moseley had but now you've given everyone a reminder it's saved me the effort.

A lot of people made a lot of mistakes and dragging them up now is pretty much pointless. Still, I suppose that if the biggest news is 80 years old we should all sleep well. The
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

My eyes must really be shot because I've Gone back and it still looks to me as if that picture of the Royals is straight off the Sun website.
midlife

Post by midlife »

moto al wrote:
midlife wrote:These pictures were taken in 1933 some 6 years before the start of the war and the intent and horror of the Nazis was not expected. However this makes for some interesting reading Al, makes you proud?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... iance.html
,sorry Old chap ,please know your history before you rubbish my comments. Dachau nazi concentration camp opened in 1933,by Heinrich himmler,the same year the anti Jewish laws were implemented,.ps I don't read the sun rag, .my post came via the daily mail web page. Fortunately the hotel Cipriani doesn't sell both those rags. Ciao 34c caldo (thumbs) .Al
I do have a good grasp of history and can also access Wikipedia along with every one else
Fact: photos taken in 1933
Fact : Germany invade Poland in 1939
Dachau certainly created in 1933 initially for political prisoners sadly to go on to be a horrific death camp. Was it built in the months before or after these pictures?........ Irrelevant, no one predicted what did happen later. It is a very big leap from building a prison camp to starting a World War.

Have not needed to rubbish your posts.........you do a good job all on your own.
Ha ha only joking, I don't take anything seriously, sit safe (thumbs) mmmm sounds familiar.
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

This is probably the real reason Edward was presured by Churchill to abdicate, being a Nazi sympaphieser.

Return to “THE PUB”