The house of arrogance

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: The house of arrogance

Post by Redmurty »

Sleepy wrote:Dream on revolution boy...

Like it or not, and I couldn't care less, the Royal Family is here to stay...

we will see :whistle: inbreeding can only go on so long (thumbs)

Oh bugger just remembered they have let a "commoner" in just to clean the blood line a little :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Big Yellow Tractor

Post by Big Yellow Tractor »

I like Phil, he cracks me up.

He served with distinction in the Royal Navy during WW2 and has done a good job as Consort to our Queen since.

I am not a huge fan of the Royal Family as a whole but as it has been worked out that they cost us tax-payers only 56p each per year that's pretty good value for what tourist money they bring to the UK.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

and the tourist would stop because we have lost a "Family" they go to France, let's keep them then just because we like tourists. On a personal level I don't have a problem with any of them, what they represent is a different matter

we still have a history

cheers Spud ;)

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I am a Royalist and a patriot. How can I criticise a country that brought me up in a safe and stable environment, educated me and looked after me when I was damaged or I'll?
I've never served in the armed forces or worked for the government in any capacity. But being British allowed me (a pretty unremarkable guy) to raise a family of five kids, work hard and run a small business and enjoy a (mostly) happy life up to press.
The Royal family are part of the British way of life, I've never met or even seen any member of the House of Winsor.
When there's been Royal visits in my neck-of-the-woods, I've never been arsed to turn up and wave a little Union Jack. But they have my support and respect.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The Royal family don't get anywhere near annoying me as much as that mob in the House of Lords. Ok, the Monarch has to give the Royal Assent to any laws but that's just a technicality whereas the Lords can seriously delay the passing of each and every act of Parliament.

It's not the fact that we have an Upper House that gets to me, it's that they're unelected and unaccountable to anyone. Give us an elected replacement filled with professional people who stay awake when they're being paid and I'll be a lot happier.
Trev

Post by Trev »

[/quote]

I'd rather do 10 hrs hard graft than the work that they do, the busy royals have hundreds and hundreds of engagements every year and OK, they get flown in and out etc but they have to smile, be polite, make small talk and maintain an air of dignity etc...day in day out. They're OK by me to have the odd 'off day'[/quote]

Agreed, total pain being at beck and call all the time and great to see someone in public life (not so called celebrity) willing to speak their mind (thumbs)
angusyoung

Post by angusyoung »

peterekins wrote:
gland wrote:how old is he? doubt many are still working at that age?/
Working, realy? Thats got to be a joke!! Have any of them done a proper days work? :evil:
y
Yes they have all armed forces standing up for are country in war zones
Look up your history before putting up juvenile comments
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

angusyoung wrote:
peterekins wrote:
gland wrote:how old is he? doubt many are still working at that age?/
Working, realy? Thats got to be a joke!! Have any of them done a proper days work? :evil:
y
Yes they have all armed forces standing up for are country in war zones
Look up your history before putting up juvenile comments
are you saying they all served in the forces ? some have not all. Some failed there training and still wear a uniform ?

Lots of people on this forum have served in the military so that does not make the Royals anymore special

cheers Spud ;)

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Redmurty wrote:I was being respectful ;) I was stunned when he managed to tie his laces :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Well maybe some progress then, what did he tie them to? :whistle:

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Redmurty wrote:I was being respectful ;) I was stunned when he managed to tie his laces :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Well maybe some progress then, what did he tie them to? :whistle:

Simon[/quot

not the anchor :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)

Return to “THE PUB”