The house of arrogance

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Dirk

Re: The house of arrogance

Post by Dirk »

Strange attitude from someone who's avatar proclaims "the less you give a F**k the happier you'll be?????
bowber

Post by bowber »

Good on him, and why should he have to wait around for some prima donna photographer to take his picture.
My wife does transport for weddings and you wouldn't believe how most of the photographers behave, she hasn't got a good word to say about them generally.

Steve
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I generally like and support the Royal Family - they give us something that very very few other nations have.

Also - I swore an Oath of Allegience once upon a time - and, being the old fashioned type - I meant it. So watch out you republicans! :lol:

Seriously -if he was an average Joe old geezer - everyone would think it was funny (it is) and would be saying that he has every right not to be getting arsed about.

Interestingly, the clip is said to be longer - and he's supposed to have been concerned for one of the Spitfire Pilots who was in pain sitting down. The guy in question was interviewed on the telly later that night, and was slumped in his chair, because at 94 ,that was more comfy.

And, when you then add in that he's a Royal - well - I'd prefer them all to be a little more human from time to time - so leave him alone! :whistle:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Top man calls a spade a spade and I have sympathy with grumpy old gits, having joined the club many years ago :laugh:
rem47

Post by rem47 »

Lets not lose sight of the fact that he is the Patron of GLEAM - an organisation hell bent on removing motorised vehicle use of public rights of way - thats quite a few of us.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

peterekins wrote:
gland wrote:how old is he? doubt many are still working at that age?/
Working, realy? Thats got to be a joke!! Have any of them done a proper days work? :evil:
You sound like my Yorkshire Mother inlaw to whom god love her a propper days work is 12 hours hard labour without a smile on yer face, a steaming hot bath (there's no "r" in it) in front of a coal fire & a rub down with linament for the aches & pains before turning in. Followed by another 6 days of it making a good weeks work.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Dirk wrote:Strange attitude from someone who's avatar proclaims "the less you give a F**k the happier you'll be?????
My point is someone who abuses their power with some who can't reply. I would call that very bad manners. My dad was also 94 when he passed away . And I never heard an expletive from him all my life.Al (thumbs)
moto al
Ainzy

Post by Ainzy »

What does it matter to you Al? I was under the impression you was all for the Scottish "Yes" campaign. Surely this man does nay represent you? :blush: A member of the BRITISH Royal Family!
R1100Gs & MZ Etz 251 Watsonian-squire Combination
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

peterekins wrote:
gland wrote:how old is he? doubt many are still working at that age?/
Working, realy? Thats got to be a joke!! Have any of them done a proper days work? :evil:
I'd rather do 10 hrs hard graft than the work that they do, the busy royals have hundreds and hundreds of engagements every year and OK, they get flown in and out etc but they have to smile, be polite, make small talk and maintain an air of dignity etc...day in day out. They're OK by me to have the odd 'off day'
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

The problem with him is, that he always say things at the wrong time and the wrong place :laugh: never seem to get it right somehow. We could put this as and old men brain. (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”