Fuel tank ranges?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nicoli

Re: Fuel tank ranges?

Post by Nicoli »

Well I think on the cotswolds ride I pretty much proved our little Sinnis 125 can do about 180miles to a tank seeing as I ran out and had to use reserve on the way home. Apparently it's a 22litre tank..big for a 125

Having said that, she had been ridden twice after the last fill up before that outing so maybe closer to 200. Also I had been redlining the bike so as not to get too far behind :P so that can't have helped fuel consumption.
davsato

Post by davsato »

the varadero is a strange one, everyone says they are thirsty and of course being a big engined big heavy bike, around town it is (i get usually 180mi before the fuel light, all urban commuting). But loaded up with tons of gear and 2up on a long run i can easily get 250mi, and more if you are gentle. 70mph on the flat gives about 50mpg. It has an economy guage and going uphill is more economical at higher revs in 5th than lower revs in 6th for the same speed. I guess to chug up the hill in top gear you give it a bit more throttle even though you dont get any extra speed, and it works less in a lower gear. I dont know, but its true.
Dave
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

My 400EXC has a 12L Clarke tank .Returns about 100miles.
It was even less when I bought it, we came down 6 sizes on the main jet :blink:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
scouse

Post by scouse »

Norm De Plume wrote:
scouse wrote:
The Wilbur wrote:
Udders wrote:What sort of milages do people get from their different bikes? I've got a standard GS and get around 200 miles between fill ups. What do the different model KTM'S do? Africa Twins? Transalps etc.....
Which GS?

650 - 800 - 1000 - 1100 - 1150 - 1200 ???
Fixed it for ya :D
If you're being that picky, don't forget the 850 model.

There may be others as well, but I'll leave that to other pedants to point out :P
I do try to forget the 850 ... pleasant enough as a roadster but allegedly without the low down oomph of all the other GS models ;) But there are many 'merkin 1100 owners reckon the 850 FD makes theirs a better bike...curious innit... ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
GlosterBoy

Post by GlosterBoy »

I must get Browndog to look at this thread, twice he's found out the absolute limit on his GSA :whistle:
davsato

Post by davsato »

me and motofrog are going to try and double book a f800gs and new g650gs together for a midweek couple of hours, he likes the look of the single and i want to compare the twin to the two 800cc triumphs we had a play with a few weeks ago. the 650 single is supposed to be great for fuel. my problem with all the previous 650s was they looked poncey, this new one looks the mutts so perhaps it could be put on the maybelist, who knows.
Dave
davsato

Post by davsato »

GlosterBoy wrote:I must get Browndog to look at this thread, twice he's found out the absolute limit on his GSA :whistle:
thr trouble is, the tank is so big and refills so few and far between, that the pilot forgets it needs fuel now and then. my mate's done it on a burgmann650.
Dave

Return to “THE PUB”