Insurance question - Claiming for top box contents...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
JimboF650

Insurance question - Claiming for top box contents...

Post by JimboF650 »

As you might be aware I've had both my motorbikes stolen from my garage. I always carried quite a lot of things in my top box (things like tools, my BMW rainsuit, lots of other stuff ) I'm claiming on both motorcycle and home insurance as other items were also taken. So in regards to the top box contents who should I claim against? Can I claim? I'm thinking these items won't be covered on bike insurance.

I'm just in the process of proving I had these items, compiling receipts/photos etc. it's a right pain!!
BigBashBonanza

Re: Insurance question - Claiming for top box contents...

Post by BigBashBonanza »

If your bike insurance won't pay out, you could claim from your household contents insurance (thumbs)
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

JimboF650 wrote:As you might be aware I've had both my motorbikes stolen from my garage. I always carried quite a lot of things in my top box (things like tools, my BMW rainsuit, lots of other stuff ) I'm claiming on both motorcycle and home insurance as other items were also taken. So in regards to the top box contents who should I claim against? Can I claim? I'm thinking these items won't be covered on bike insurance.

I'm just in the process of proving I had these items, compiling receipts/photos etc. it's a right pain!!
Did you inform your insurer of the modification to fit the top box? If not they could potentially reject the whole claim let alone just the top box contents....
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Yes the top box was down as a modification. Just wondering if it's contents are insured?
Got a call booked with them to go through the case, so I can ask then
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

A long time ago now but when I had my bike stolen out of my shed I also claimed for a fictitious pair of helmets and jacket,waterproofs that were also supposedly taken at the same time.I told the police the same story.My bike insurance paid out for that but not the tools I also tried to claim for. :)
fatbert

Post by fatbert »

sprintster wrote:... I also claimed for a fictitious pair of helmets and jacket,waterproofs that were also supposedly taken at the same time.I told the police the same story.My bike insurance paid out for that but not the tools I also tried to claim for. :)
Sorry but thats a bright thing to post on an open forum!
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Yeah,I'm really scared someone is going to come knocking on my door about a scam I pulled over 25 years ago.That's if they can find the right door since I've moved house 11 times since then! :whistle:
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

In fact,I'd better admit on an open forum that I just made that up to make my post more interesting.I REALLY did have two helmets stolen!
Now who can prove which version is the truth? ;)

Return to “THE PUB”