Ignorant Riders....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Wapping

Re: Ignorant Riders....

Post by Wapping »

London to Dorchester this evening, which to be honest I thought was in the Cotswolds. You can imagine my surprise when I found it to be in Cornwall and (nearly) I suspect, Wales.

Anyway, I avoided waving, nodding, gesticulating, giving the finger or even a sly knowing wink to any motorcyclist I encountered over the three hour journey from civilisation to beyond. There wasn't that many.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I spotted a matching pair of yellow F650gs's travelling North on the A1 yesterday, I nodded but got nothing back ............. then realised I was driving a truck :silly: . So later whilst travelling alongside another truck for 4 miles I nodded at the driver next to me and he just slung the V's. I just can't win :(
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Ignorant Riders....

Post by johnnyboxer »

Did 80 miles in Yorkshire Dales yesterday & saw about 30 bikes

I waved at all of them, got a few half nods & a few proper ones - some nothing

Scientific research at its best :)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Wapping

Post by Wapping »

johnnyboxer wrote:Did 80 miles in Yorkshire Dales yesterday & saw about 30 bikes

I waved at all of them, got a few half nods & a few proper ones - some nothing

Scientific research at its best :)
You were clearly waving at nodders, when you should have been nodding. This has skewed your results. Run the test again over the same 80 miles, this time only nodding; compare results. Yorkshire is full off undemonstrative people, economic in their actions. They probably thought someone actively waving was from London (or wanted to borrow 5p) so ignored them. A more restrained nodding action, coupled to a silent "Eee by gum" mouthed under the breath may well bring surprising results.

I await the publication of your paper in 'Statistics Today', the actuaries' weekly of choice.
lmac

Post by lmac »

lmac wrote:Here's a nod from a Harley (and Honda) riding biker that sometimes gets a sore neck :lol: from giving the nod to all sorts, and not always returned. I wouldn't worry about it, I don't.
Got back today from a nights camping in North Yorkshire and everything is just as above....nice to know nowt changes. Just hope its the end of another pointless tread :unsure: .

Return to “THE PUB”