Ignorant Riders....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
xengibez

Ignorant Riders....

Post by xengibez »

Nice ride out to pick up some cobblestones for a BBQ tonight which took in the lakes and devil's bridge. Now it was beautiful day to be out riding and the world was a peace inside my helet, yet a few things always annoy me, namely BMW and HD riders.

Now I'll wave at a snotty kid on a clapped out scooter as I see them as future bikers but what's with those two groups, HD riders must think it detracts from the hard man image to give a nod or a wave and BMW riders always seem to sit up perfectly straight and look so aloof and wave well let's not kid ourselves shall we..

Brew and sausage roll in hand at devil's bridge chatting to a guy on a tiger as the GS guys mingle on there own, Fook knows what happens to people when they purchase theses bikes....

Rant Over...
Bushman_uk

Re: Ignorant Riders....

Post by Bushman_uk »

(thumbs) there ya go, a sort of a wave from a BMW rider
DocClog

Post by DocClog »

(thumbs) and another from another! ;)

I am always intrigues by those who don't return a nod on the road. Is the bike or the bloke? Or does the bloke determine the bike...?

I do find that when stopped for that cuppa'n'sarnie large GS riders rarely acknowledge me with my 650 Dakar. I think some of them think I'm somehow on a "baby GS" and don't appreciate that I don't want a big twin, it's a choice I've made to have more fun (as I see it).

And I'm not knocking anyone else's choice of steed; I've sure you love your 1200GS Bushman as much as I love my 650.
BikesAndTravels

Post by BikesAndTravels »

OH NO! Not the biker-nod debate again!! Some do, some don't. Sometimes they forget, sometimes they're just wondering who you're nodding at. Some might actually be rude.

I don't think it matters enough to spoil my ride :)
Bikes And Travels
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Everyday I ride past a bloke on a commando going the other way...I do this going to and from work.

he has a nice red commando and a nice yellow commando..both look mint and he swaps form day to day. But after a few months of seeing him everyday he is yet to wave or nod or reply to what I do his way.

So it's not just the type of bike..its the type of person that does not wave.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Sometimes when I'm in the car I still nod at bikers...they must think I'm mad :blush: .
It usually happens for just a few days after I've been out on my bike.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

Scott_rider wrote:Sometimes when I'm in the car I still nod at bikers...they must think I'm mad :blush: .
It usually happens for just a few days after I've been out on my bike.
I do that also, and life savers :blink:
BikesAndTravels

Post by BikesAndTravels »

I did a blog post about, amongst other things, the biker's nod.

Disagreements
Bikes And Travels
Heff

Post by Heff »

Here's a wave from a Gs'er (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

I wouldn't let it spoil my day.

The Bank Holiday heroes coming at me overtaking on blind bends certainly have the potential to ruin your life though.

Last Monday was so fine and warm that I said to the wife "I'll do the garden today."

"Oh, I thought you were going out on your bike."

"Look at the weather...it will bring all the idiots out."

Butterfly bikers...first sign of sun and they all come out and career around bumping into things.

Return to “THE PUB”