Ignorant Riders....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

Re: Ignorant Riders....

Post by lancashirelad »

I find that if you are riding in Scotland a nod won't do it has to be a hand off the bars wave or nowt!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I'm another GS rider (F650GS)and I nod to all and sundry even those on scooters seeing as I'm a GP200 rider too.

I nod to bike riders when I'm on my GP and about 40% - 45% nod back.

Same when I'm out on my mountain bike mostly road bike riders who don't nod back.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I don't let it bother me but that's probably because only about 10% of my annual mileage on bikes is done in the UK and once you get over the channel everyone apart from the kids on scooters waves.

It's also much easier to acknowledge other riders when you're riding on the RH side of the road and can just lift your left hand a couple of inches from the bars and it'll be seen or wave a foot as you go past and you know they'll acknowledge it. If I'm riding abroad and see a bike coming up behind me and about to overtake I drop my left hand off the bars and they know I've seen them and are prepared for them coming past but you can't do that with your right hand over here.
lmac

Post by lmac »

Here's a nod from a Harley (and Honda) riding biker that sometimes gets a sore neck :lol: from giving the nod to all sorts, and not always returned. I wouldn't worry about it, I don't.
hornet

Post by hornet »

Now here's the answer if we were to change the law and ride on the right we could give a wave with our left hand. When in Europe its so much cooler to let your arm hang out to the side at just about ever rider even mid corner , and even making contact.

As for the why don't GS riders hog riders sports bike rider nod or acknowledge other riders what a load of shit. In life there are all sorts of people and they all ride different bikes thus giving the world variety

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Utter bollox :whistle:
You can't categorise bikers and their attitudes based on who does or doesn't nod on one ride out.
Every time I go out, I get deffed out or nodded at by a different rider.
I covered 200 miles last Saturday and got a very mixed reaction.
I ride a 2009 R1200GS and I was getting big waves by the power rangers and totally ignored by every single new 1200GS that I saw. It's as if my bike is 'so last year!' The R1200GS riders on bikes like mine all waved and a fair few greasy hog riders also nodded. It just couldn't be categorised.

Ade
xengibez

Post by xengibez »

Maybe it's just me... I do love a good nod though...
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

I nodded at a motorcycle cop today on the frocess rd just outside Ballymena. It was just an instintive nod before i even realised id done it. Couldent help smileing when he gave me a big nod back. (thumbs)
Womble

Post by Womble »

I'd not worry unless not getting a nod is a confidence/security thing :whistle:

I'll nod at who I want to and don't care whether it's reciprocated or not
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
wwdph02

Post by wwdph02 »

Yes and No. Sometimes I get response, others not, so what?
Am I guilty of ignoring riders whether they have nodded, waved, or taken no action? Probably.
Just concentrating on staying alive, other times just reacting too late.
Sometimes I am enjoying my solo ride and only notice another machine too late too see if they took any action and yes I ride various BMW's for the last 10 years but would have been the same answer for previous 10 years on ZRX's.
Can't think it was an issue in 1970 on my 125 Yamaha YAS1.
Just add me to the list of etiquette failures with my apologies, Dave

Return to “THE PUB”