Ignorant Riders....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: Ignorant Riders....

Post by Redmurty »

johnnyboxer wrote:I'm a BMW rider and don't feel inclined to nod, in UK................as it's a bit limp

I'm never sure if they've one over a bump and it's an involuntary nod, caused by a pothole

Nodding is the limpest form of biker acknowledgement

In France/Germany/Spain though, i find the bikers more inclined to give a proper wave, so wave back
So a UK head jobs not good enough but a hand job off someone from Europe is better :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Redmurty wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:I'm a BMW rider and don't feel inclined to nod, in UK................as it's a bit limp

I'm never sure if they've one over a bump and it's an involuntary nod, caused by a pothole

In France/Germany/Spain though, i find the bikers more inclined to give a proper wave, so wave back
So a UK head jobs not good enough but a hand job off someone from Europe is better :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Definitely Spud, at least you know you're getting it with a wave :kiss:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

They drive on the other side of the road, so the hand nearest the oncoming biker is the free clutch hand, ours it's the busy throttle hand, that's why they wave towards the left and we nod towards the right.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Ignorant Riders....

Post by -Ralph- »

I commute all winter, people are tired, grumpy and focused on getting to the destination. There's still some nodding going on, but it's only in April all the nodding really starts.

Into London any time of year and there's very little nodding going on, there's so many two wheelers if you acknowledged them all you'd ride straight into the back of a stationary bus. You can tell those that do it regularly and those who just bought their bike in as a one off because it's a sunny day and they all start nodding at you.

So, most of my riding, if I were to nod I wouldn't get a response, and it's nothing to do with what type of bike either of us are riding.

I always return the nod, but rarely initiate one during the week during rush hour, I just give the headlight a couple of flashes and sometimes I get some kind of response, sometimes I don't. It doesn't worry me either way.

Just because somebody didn't nod doesn't mean they are not a biker, the vast majority would still stop if they saw you in trouble and they'd still be happy to chat in a cafe or services.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:

They drive on the other side of the road, so the hand nearest the oncoming biker is the free clutch hand, ours it's the busy throttle hand, that's why they wave towards the left and we nod towards the right.

D'oh.............you don't say
So if you realise there's a good reason why UK bikers use a nod, why are you complaining? :pinch:

How stupid and inflammatory to give a sarcastic and derogatory response like that. Have you nothing better to do than argue with people on internet forums? How does the ignore list work this forum?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

-Ralph- wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:

So if you realise there's a good reason why UK bikers use a nod, why are you complaining? :pinch:

How stupid and inflammatory to give a sarcastic and derogatory response like that. Have you nothing better to do than argue with people on internet forums? How does the ignore list work this forum?
None taken, but you do state the obvious at times and write in such a way that it is the gospel according to Ralph

Take a look at what you write sometimes :whistle:

Chill out and enjoy the ride, fella (thumbs)

With money we don't have

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:

None taken, but you do state the obvious at times and write in such a way that it is the gospel according to Ralph

If you don't like the way I write, ignore it and don't reply. If you can't manage that and there is an ignore list on this forum, put me on it. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote, nothing inflammatory in there, and nothing said against anyone else, it was just a simple impartial matter of fact post. There was no need for your reply at all. You are being an arse.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

-Ralph- wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:

If you don't like the way I write, ignore it and don't reply. If you can't manage that and there is an ignore list on this forum, put me on it. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote, nothing inflammatory in there, and nothing said against anyone else, it was just a simple impartial matter of fact post. There was no need for your reply at all. You are being an arse.
Touchy, this morning...................carry on fella

i'll take your posts anyway I want and if needs be comment on them as I see fit

Nothing inflammatory, mind....................as it riles you a trifle :whistle:

Have a good day, Ralphy (thumbs)

With money we don't have

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Keyboard warrior, more to be pitied than scolded I suppose.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

-Ralph- wrote:Keyboard warrior, more to be pitied than scolded I suppose.
Your honesty is to be applauded Ralph..

Return to “THE PUB”