Ignorant Riders....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Scott_rider

Re: Ignorant Riders....

Post by Scott_rider »

In France, I like the way they either drop an arm for a long, low wave or they stick out a leg in the same way. Looks pretty cool (thumbs) .

As an aside, last year we were in Southern Spain and followed/overtook/followed two Ducati Multistrada riders at speed for about 30 miles...they were on Belarus plates (I think). When we peeled off at a junction we all waved at them but got nothing back :( . Miserable barstewards.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

Bloody hell, there's no nodding or waving on here this morning! It's more of shaky heads and clenched fists....
:dry:
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

BigBashBonanza wrote:Bloody hell, there's no nodding or waving on here this morning! It's more of shaky heads and clenched fists....
:dry:
You're right there, poor old Ralphy - he takes it the wrong way

Still I'm off out in the Yorkshire Dales, on the bike this afternoon

Have fun, kids

Ralphy..............I've left the naughty step now and teacher has let me go out to play on the bike now (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Stop trolling JB
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

-Ralph- wrote:Stop trolling JB
So masterful, do you possess any humour?

You always respond though :whistle:

untitledfishing22.jpg
untitledfishing22.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 684 times

With money we don't have

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

johnnyboxer wrote:You always respond though :whistle:
Never quite as quickly as you mind you, as I do have other things to do during my day than sit and watch an internet forum
johnnyboxer wrote:
untitledfishing22.jpg
Well at least you admit to it, it's nice to behave like a teenager from time to time I suppose.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

fuckers are waving at me in my T5 now, summat to do with that daft garland jan has hanging of the front i think

steve
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

-Ralph- wrote:
Never quite as quickly as you mind you, as I do have other things to do during my day than sit and watch an internet forum

Well at least you admit to it, it's nice to behave like a teenager from time to time I suppose.
The lady doth protest too much :whistle:

With money we don't have

Wapping

Post by Wapping »

In France/Germany/Spain though, i find the bikers more inclined to give a proper wave, so wave back
-Ralph- wrote: They drive on the other side of the road, so the hand nearest the oncoming biker is the free clutch hand, ours it's the busy throttle hand, that's why they wave towards the left and we nod towards the right.
I flick my 1600 into cruise mode and wave both arms like a demented lunatic, often standing up at prodigious speeds to enhance the image. In alarm, the oncoming rider sometimes swerves into the ditch, which is an added bonus.

I've also been known to frighten small children by drawing out an imaginary gun as I ride.... and shooting them... BANG! Bang! Dead!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I wish we didn't have to endure fuel injected bikes because driving past pedestrians, pointing an imaginary gun and 'shooting' them with a kill switch backfire used to give me hours of amusement.

Alpine tunnels were another good place for letting loose because a 2' long blue flame and a loud bang was always entertaining.

Return to “THE PUB”