Ultra Low Emission Zone

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel

Ultra Low Emission Zone

Post by Nigel »

Just received this . . .

"Thank you for taking the time to respond to our recent consultation. I can confirm that today the Mayor confirmed the introduction of the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), which will launch in central London in 2020. This new scheme will significantly improve air quality across the Capital and so improve the health of Londoners."

Website here
jonny955

Re: Ultra Low Emission Zone

Post by jonny955 »

No surprise. TFL are already biased towards public transport such that motorcycles will be seen as the problem, rather than the solution.

Watch the value of used <2008 bikes plummet as we get closer to the introduction date.

Jon
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Historic vehicles will be exempt so watch the price of 40 year old 2 strokes go even higher and London end up enveloped in blue fog :evil:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

AndyB wrote:Historic vehicles will be exempt so watch the price of 40 year old 2 strokes go even higher and London end up enveloped in blue fog :evil:
:laugh: (thumbs)
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

AndyB wrote:Historic vehicles will be exempt so watch the price of 40 year old 2 strokes go even higher and London end up enveloped in blue fog :evil:
No worries for me then. I can go banging and farting around the capitol as much as I like on one of my old fart bikes. (thumbs)
It might even be worth riding down and having fun having riding around the empty roads one week end. :laugh:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

daytona-supersport wrote:
No worries for me then. I can go banging and farting around the capitol as much as I like on one of my old fart bikes. (thumbs)
It might even be worth riding down and having fun having riding around the empty roads one week end. :laugh:
I'll fire up my 750 stinkwheel and join you. By the time this comes in all the old 'learner' 250 strokers will be classed as historic vehicles so won't be hit with the charge. Nice one TfL (thumbs)
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

AndyB wrote:
daytona-supersport wrote:
I'll fire up my 750 stinkwheel and join you. By the time this comes in all the old 'learner' 250 strokers will be classed as historic vehicles so won't be hit with the charge. Nice one TfL (thumbs)
I know one guy with an Ariel Leader. They are like a battle ship laying down smoke screen. :laugh: :laugh:
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

jonny955 wrote:No surprise. TFL are already biased towards public transport such that motorcycles will be seen as the problem, rather than the solution.

Watch the value of used <2008 bikes plummet as we get closer to the introduction date.

Jon
Maybe the prices of bikes will change in London - slightly - but I can't see that this will affect the price of bikes across the whole country - don't forget that there's life outside London you know !! :whistle: :whistle:
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Setting aside the method of how they achieve an ultra low emission zone, having just spent a week in Bogota the difference between there and London is huge.

The air quality in London is noticeably better and the fact that they want to improve it even more should be applauded.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

AndyB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm Historic vehicles will be exempt so watch the price of 40 year old 2 strokes go even higher and London end up enveloped in blue fog :evil:
A shame it didn't include "historic" riders too...
;)

Return to “THE PUB”