Is this a bit tight? Or is it just me?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
*Touring Ted*

Re: Is this a bit tight? Or is it just me?

Post by *Touring Ted* »

You told him to !!!! And everyone has a boss to answer too. Mail order isn't just the cost. It's the hassle of packaging and posting.

Anyway. What you doing going to a main dealer for a couple of pissy bolts. You can get a BAG of them off ebay for the same price.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I'd have thought an impact driver would just snap a 6mm bolt. :unsure: Some heat and/or Plusgas though,if you could get in about it. (thumbs)
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

*Touring Ted* wrote:You told him to !!!! And everyone has a boss to answer too. Mail order isn't just the cost. It's the hassle of packaging and posting.

Anyway. What you doing going to a main dealer for a couple of pissy bolts. You can get a BAG of them off ebay for the same price.
Lesson learnt there then. That's me told :dry:

Also, I have said all of this already. I accept I did tell him. I know I could have got a whole load cheaper... Therefore I was just being cheap. Also it's not really mail order that I am talking about. Motorworks would be more of a mail order scenario. Who by the way I rate very highly.

I think my point is probably deeper than the initial statements I have made. I think it is more that I less than impressed by the whole aftermarket service from the dealers.

When the dotted line is signed your status with them changes also.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Heff wrote:
TomBoyNI wrote:
special one wrote:Couple of points, what's wrong with the current bolts? Corroded? Shouldn't have bought BMW :laugh:

On a serious note, They are a business, not a charity, I don't blame them for charging you.

Why would you buy bolts from a dealer anyway unless it was a special bolt, they are always over priced, I bet you could've sourced a bag of 50/100 screws for the price you bought those from the dealer.

God I must be bored :whistle:
The bolts are stuck fast.
Did you try an Impact Driver? :whistle:
Haven't tried anything yet to be fair other than the standard. Have to wait on my new ones coming now.

DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I get it.

It's not the cost, it's the attitude behind it. If you're spending £10K on a bike and regularly £500 on servicing/parts per year, what's £2.50 to BMW. You want (and I think deserve) a bit of recognition and to feel "valued" as a customer, not a "cash cow".

This sort of thing makes me more grumpy as I get older, and I'm very old now, so very grumpy. As my offsrping tell me :lol:
kito

Post by kito »

Just remember were they are. That £2 might just have cost them a £10-15,000 future sale. What goes around comes around .
I recently got sent some wheel spacers from Germany and they arrived at my house before I even had the invoice. Talk about an honest trusting service . I know ill use bashplates.de again
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

kito wrote:Just remember were they are. That £2 might just have cost them a £10-15,000 future sale. What goes around comes around .
I recently got sent some wheel spacers from Germany and they arrived at my house before I even had the invoice. Talk about an honest trusting service . I know ill use bashplates.de again
When I recently bought my s10 from Tinklers Norwich I went to fit a givi rack and it wouldn't fit, we realised that my base model needed a plastic yamaha mounting plate at over £100 :ohmy: , they could have sold me one but instead they had one spare and gave it to me, guess which dealer I will go back too (thumbs)
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

DaveCon wrote:I get it.

It's not the cost, it's the attitude behind it. If you're spending £10K on a bike and regularly £500 on servicing/parts per year, what's £2.50 to BMW. You want (and I think deserve) a bit of recognition and to feel "valued" as a customer, not a "cash cow".

This sort of thing makes me more grumpy as I get older, and I'm very old now, so very grumpy. As my offsrping tell me :lol:
Right on the money.

Even worse I'm still waiting :angry:

Return to “THE PUB”