Solo bikers touring

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
davsato

Re: Solo bikers touring

Post by davsato »

i dont see why smokers have a problem with rules, SOME smokers i should say. As a lifelong non smoker i can tell if someones smoked in a room or car sometimes weeks afterwards and its not a nice smell, would they like to stay somewhere that smelt slightly of vomit or shitty nappies or backed up drain? because its about on that level of unpleasantness. Made worse by all the pints of air freshener and pot pourri used to try and hide it.
Dave
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I would like to appologise to the forum, I broke my own rule for posting, I dont post "rants" usually as it is far to easy to post something that you would not say to someones face, for this I am sorry.

Re read chas's post but I still do not see the point, but to "Chas" something really erked me and I went off on one, for that I appologise,

But you broke your own rules and perhaps you should not of let him in.

We can only guess what was going on in the other guys mind, bad week at the office?

I will now re enstate my own "no rants" rule

Cheers Spudv :blush:
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
davsato

Post by davsato »

hell no, we love a good rant
Dave
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

ChasF wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:Just read all the way through this... :pinch:

Chas. Had you been drinking when you started your rant? Have we taken you out of context? Does your wife know that you've just royally pissed on yours and her chips?

No, rarely drink these days and never have except in a social enviroment. Yes completely out of context. Yes but she's on my side.

Maybe a sign at the front gate...sorry, bookings only. :huh:

Fair enough

Did you just explain to the guy that you'd love to let him in the pool but haven't started getting it ready yet for the season?

My words exactly

Smoking. Just apologise to the guy for not being able to accomodate but them's the rules, maybe some sort of lean-to with a chimnea in where people can chill out and have a smoke if they wish?

Smokers have a tough time these days but most are aware that the majority of hotels and B&Bs don't allow smoking in the rooms for the benefit of non-smoking guests

I'll never book accomodation before I travel mate, because I really have no idea where I'm gonna end up by nightfall. I'm such a nosey bugger, I just go where I like and if it's not too inconvenient try to head roughly in the direction I'd planned for the break.

Yes, this is fair enough. We don't book before we travel (except the HUMM). As explained earlier it is a limitation of our operation, not intended to upset anyone, but we are not here a lot of the time due to other work commitments plus we are fully booked now until September.

Cheer up mate! ....and maybe drink offline? ....and if you weren't drinking....just stay offline...your missus may appreciate it. :)
I appreciate everyones views on this matter. I've tried my best to explain why we only accept pre-booking. We're not in a position to take any further B&B bookings this summer but if you want to stay in the area then we can pass you on to other places we know of locally who may have space.

Funny how all of the mods have avoided this thread .:woohoo: . but i have given Chas some positive Karma for this post ..

And I would imagine that Chas wished he never started this thread...

I could have a rant , but then really whats the point .. And I dont know which side to rant about. The question of single riders, not booking, leaves smoking in swimming pools, members having a go at other member/s .. Do not know where to start , rant wise.. :woohoo:

Chas old bean , its your business and You need to make the decisions..

Hopefully this thread will disappear into the depths of the forum soon enough..
Breva

Post by Breva »

Here, Here LWR
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

No we must all bump this up by keeping it alive! Lolol!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

VersysRider wrote:No we must all bump this up by keeping it alive! Lolol!
As I said , Chas has taken enough crap, Some in good spirit but some quite nasty...

But he wanted feedback , and he got it .. both sides ..

Thread locked , so we can relax and get back to normal business.. This thread is going nowhere and it has run its course.

LWR

Return to “THE PUB”