Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by Nigel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Don't forget

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
shed
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by shed » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Just watched it , the word legend is used too much these days ,but not in barry sheene's case.

Nigel
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by Nigel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Bit emotional watching that as I had two heroes, my Dad and Barry and they died within two months of each other, wasn't a good year :(

threepot
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by threepot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone notice the split link being removed from the chain on his RG500!

Nigel
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by Nigel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Yep apparently they use split links on drag bikes ;)

Brenhden
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 687 times
Been thanked: 449 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by Brenhden » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:19 pm

That show was great.
threepot wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone notice the split link being removed from the chain on his RG500!
Please excuse my ignorance, do all chains not have split links?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Honda CRF250 Rally.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Nigel
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by Nigel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Nope, smaller lower powered bikes do but most bikes now are endless (riveted) because split links can't handle power, except for 180 mph rg500's of course :laugh:

threepot
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by threepot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Brenhden wrote:That show was great.
threepot wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone notice the split link being removed from the chain on his RG500!
Please excuse my ignorance, do all chains not have split links?
Most modern chains are now 'endless' using a solid link. Not applicable if you've got a shafty! ;)
ChainStake0001.jpg
ChainStake0001.jpg (29.88 KiB) Viewed 123 times

herman
Posts: 5359
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 878 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by herman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Never used a soft link meself.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

fullerton
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Barry Sheene bbc2 9pm

Post by fullerton » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 am

threepot wrote:
Brenhden wrote:That show was great.
threepot wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone notice the split link being removed from the chain on his RG500!
Please excuse my ignorance, do all chains not have split links?
Most modern chains are now 'endless' using a solid link. Not applicable if you've got a shafty! ;)
ChainStake0001.jpg
bugger me that where ive been goin wrong on my GS

Steve

Post Reply

Return to β€œTHE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dodursley, Richard Simpson Mark II and 35 guests