I'm Registered....!!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
MidnightSerenity

I'm Registered....!!!!

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hey Everyone....I've done it!!! I'm registered to take my CBT on Sunday 25th July!!!:woohoo:

I might just be the one riding to catch that spectacular sunset in Zimbabwe or propping up the bike to watch the dolphins swim in Oman...oh and going to the shop for milk when it runs out. But first I've got to measure a distance of 20.5m and make sure I can read a number plate!! :laugh:

I'm very excited, but a little nervous too...what are your experiences of the CBT? Any advice? :S
Treadtrader

Re:I'm Registered....!!!!

Post by Treadtrader »

My missus did her CBT at Long Marston last year.
Very good instructers, she said it was one of the best days she ever had.
Just go along and enjoy the day.
You're more than welcome to have a practice here.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

MidnightSerenity wrote:
Hey Everyone....I've done it!!! I'm registered to take my CBT on Sunday 25th July!!!:woohoo:

I'm very excited, but a little nervous too...what are your experiences of the CBT? Any advice? :S
Having not ridden for rather more years than I would like to say I re-took all my tests last year and loved it all. A lot of people were complaining about the module 1 test but I think it gives you excellent skills for being out on the road.

It is all a little odd though I think you should do your module one before being allowed out on the road. My partner used to be an instructure and said many years ago the criteria for passing the CBT was would you get home alive !!!!!

Just relax and enjoy :) every day I go out I gain more and more confidence and I know every one says practice practice practice but it really is the answer :)

Just in this year I am now riding a GS 1200 up 1/3 hills with 180 degree corners (nearly) keeping up with the BMW boys!!! I never thought for a second I would have the confidence to do that a year or so ago.

Keep us updated.... Im excited for you :laugh:
Jon Y

Post by Jon Y »

That's great news!

You'll have a lot of fun learning.

I think the only useful advice is to keep moving forward. The slower you go the harder it is to balance.

And hurry onto a big bike, big bikes are generally much more stable and therefore easier to ride.

You can do the direct access course which takes you from zero to hero in no time.

You'll be hacking it up some gnarly trails in no time!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:)
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Great stuff
Never done the test so dont know whats entailed, good luck with it and safe ridin'
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Gracie

Post by Gracie »

Well done and heres a Karma for good luck! ;)
MidnightSerenity

Gracie wrote:
Well done and heres a Karma for good luck! ;)
Ahh!! Thanks Gracie!! :)

Thanks everyone for all your advice regarding CBT. I will of course keep you posted! Once the test is out of the way, maybe you can help me on picking out a bike?? :woohoo:
MidnightSerenity

Treadtrader wrote:
My missus did her CBT at Long Marston last year.
Very good instructers, she said it was one of the best days she ever had.
Just go along and enjoy the day.
You're more than welcome to have a practice here.
Oh that's so kind of you 'Tread'! Can I call you that?! If you are serious about the offer, then how does this Saturday sound? Mine is at Long Marston as well!!

I'll be able to concentrate better with a few cherries from your garden if Missus doesn't mind?!!! :P
Trailqiest

Post by Trailqiest »

Once you have passed your CBT there are quite a few 125cc bikes to look at. If you can afford it and want a bike that is top quality, easy to ride and has a "big bike" feel look at the Honda 125 Varadero. Expensive new but many good ones available on the used market. Cheaper new, and also a good bike have a look at the Derbi Terra 125. (www.derbi.com). There is also a Derbi Terra 125 Adventure which is quite capable off road as well. Some "trail bike "style 125's have quite a high ride height so try before you buy.

Best of luck on Sunday!

Return to “THE PUB”