Age is a number

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: Age is a number

Post by Redmurty »

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle. I'm 56 years young and still fit in the same trouser I could 30 years ago (can't afford new ones :P ) I train 4 to 5 times a week and eat what ever I want, I plan on growing old disgracefully and have seen people decades younger than me that can't do half of the stuff I and some of the "old farts" I know can do.
Keep fit keep healthy and have the right mind set and keep a younger women at your side Job done

Simon what do you thing was the average of the group at the last HISS meeting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

£$%^ing pups :kiss:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

As the great James Brown said ( don't worry pups you would never of heard of him :P )

"NO MATTER HOW LONG YOUR LIVING, YOUR A LONG TIME DEAD"

Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog »

Well I'm 61 and just bought myself a brand spanking new Honda CRF
So no I don't think I'm too old.
Ask me again in 10 years time..... :woohoo:

(Old) Dog
chico

Post by chico »

you're only as old as the woman you feel............. :ohmy:
devon john

Post by devon john »

the problem is we the old ones are out numbering the new generation of bikers ,,,,, and thats not good.

john
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

devon john wrote:the problem is we the old ones are out numbering the new generation of bikers ,,,,, and thats not good.

john
Don't really remember what got me into bikes but we had a field bike (125 Bantam) when I was about 16 and I quickly progressed onto a road bike as I couldn't afford to run a car. I went for many years with a bike as my only means of transport and although it was not much cheaper than a car to run in the late eighties it was essential for commuting into London if you wanted to remain sane (1hr10mn on the bike and 2hr40mn by car). My son has recently passed his test but a bike (capable of doing the miles he does) would be more costly to run than his Golf diesel. Cars have become so much more economical whilst bikes are just leisure vehicles for those with the money these days. Sorry bit off topic - yes I'm knocking on a bit but I'll keep riding for as long as I enjoy it. I still enjoy trail riding but it can be hard on the body, road riding is also good here in France.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Over the last decade as a single woman, I've encountered several boring old farts, some years younger than me and some older guys seem ancient compared to their actual age.
Physical health plays a big part but mental attitude is equally important but often forgotten.
we-dont-stop-playing.jpg
we-dont-stop-playing.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
dazcapri

Post by dazcapri »

This thread made me think of this
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

devon john wrote:the problem is we the old ones are out numbering the new generation of bikers ,,,,, and thats not good.

john
That is so true :(
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Sometimes it's hard to be positive, I'm 56 and 14 years ago had a leg amputated (accident, but not on a bike). I have been on crutches for the last three weeks as it's too painful to wear my prosthetic leg at the moment and I'm waiting for a date for surgery.

This will be my 10th operation and probably not the last and I want to go trail-riding on Saturday but won't know if I can manage it until Saturday morning. Is this down to my age? I'm not sure but I wouldn't mind being 30 again.

Having said all that I fully intend to be riding along some trail in Spain or Italy come next July so I need to look forward right now :cheer:
one-legged adventurer

Return to “THE PUB”