30 months and a three year ban, so thats ok then?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Treadtrader

30 months and a three year ban, so thats ok then?

Post by Treadtrader »

It dose'nt seem like adequate punishment to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uries.html
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Redmurty

Re: 30 months and a three year ban, so thats ok then?

Post by Redmurty »

your a biker mate therefore expendable, there are lots of people who drive around every day with medical condition who should not be, there are lots driving around on prescription drugs who should not be.

keep safe out there people

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Elle

Post by Elle »

"had been told by doctors to refrain from driving after complaining of sleep apnoea'

Fitness to drive
It is the responsibility of the driver to inform the DVLA. It is the responsibility of doctors to advise patients that medical conditions (and drugs) may affect their ability to drive and for which conditions patients should inform the DVLA.

Maybe doctors should be responsible for informing the DVLA of medical conditions that may impair the ability to drive rather than leaving it up to the person? By not making it the responsibility of the medical profession they've given the patient a licence to kill.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

Redmurty wrote:your a biker mate therefore expendable, there are lots of people who drive around every day with medical condition who should not be, there are lots driving around on prescription drugs who should not be.

keep safe out there people

cheers Spud ;)
yeah, it was not bus full of kids on carriageway head on collision or at the school crossing. people who dont take responsibility should not be here.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

How long would he have been banned for if he'd hit a car and left the driver with the same injuries? Almost certainly exactly the same and when you consider the sentences dished out for other offences I don't think he's got away that lightly.

This driver deserved to go to jail and ok, he'll be out in 18 months but people have been given shorter sentences for causing death by dangerous driving while pissed in the past.
pieterv

Post by pieterv »

The length of the prison sentence is one thing, but I would have thought the ban should be for as long as the medical condition continues. I.e. he should not be allowed to drive again as long as he can just drop off at the wheel.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

pieterv wrote:The length of the prison sentence is one thing, but I would have thought the ban should be for as long as the medical condition continues. I.e. he should not be allowed to drive again as long as he can just drop off at the wheel.
I'd take it as given that he won't be getting a licence while his medical condition continues.

It's a desperately sad case but even if he'd been given 20 years the victims family would still have known that he'd be out and living what passes for a normal life while the rider isn't going to have that luxury.
chico

Post by chico »

there should also the possibility of making the driver responsible for caring for the rider for the rest of his life....in some form or other (after prison)who supports the family now.... but... even though he was reckless/stupid.....he's probably well aware of the carnage he's caused
special one

Post by special one »

Sad case, jail sentence is about right IMO but indefinite driving ban should be in force until the condition has 100% gone.

My wife works in ophthalmology and you wouldn't believe the amount of old people that drive themselves around who have well below the minimum standard for vision, some can't see 6ft in front of them.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
yamahafjr1300!

Post by yamahafjr1300! »

Total injustice!
Lets all try to be as safe as possible especially at this time of year!
cheers Alan..

Return to “THE PUB”